Where can we buy cheap and good lenses??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vanelo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Does anyone know where we can buy the Volk 20 D lens at a good price?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

check ebay, also volk offers resident prices that are hard to beat like 133.00 for a lens. I would recommend the 28 d lens, you can get farther to the periphery. also don't waste money on a 90d lens just get a superfield, and forgo the 78 and 90 all together.

ckyuen said:
check ebay, also volk offers resident prices that are hard to beat like 133.00 for a lens. I would recommend the 28 d lens, you can get farther to the periphery. also don't waste money on a 90d lens just get a superfield, and forgo the 78 and 90 all together.

what about for those really small pupils?

Members don't see this ad :)
has there been more experience with the volk digital?

has there been more experience with the volk digital?

I used it side by side vs. the standard 90D at the Volk booth at Academy last year. Supposedly, as they advertise, it would let you get a better image through smaller pupils. Using their model eye, I felt that claim was near-facticious.

Also talking to people who bought it, they don't really see a big difference. Not worth the extra expense.

I have a Digital Wide Field lens and have used the 90 extensively also. I prefer the Digital wide field - for dilated pupils it doesn't matter at all, but for the undilated pupil the field of view is larger. I find myself able to get a stereo view through smaller pupils than with the 90. You hold it about the same distance as a 90, so it's not hard to get used to. If you have a 90 already I wouldn't buy the digital lens but if I didn't have either then I would definitely get the digital unless money was a big issue.

rubensan, not as easy to see through the undilated pupil as the 90, but if you are really going to look dilate, b/c you dont get paid for doing and undilated dfe, hence dilated fundus exam. if the pupil is small but dilated no problems, gives a really wide field also. Have never used the video one that people are mentioning above. I believe aao prices are about the same as the lombart resident prices.