Where Did Ya'll Match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GQPMR

Fellow
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hope you all got your top choices. Looking forward to hearing from you all...

Members don't see this ad.

TOP CHOICE!!!
mayo-clinic-logo.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Washington!!!

Preliminary Medicine: Westchester Medical Center - NY

Physical Medicine and Rehab: Albert Einstein - NY

So happy to be staying at home in NYC.

Anyone who matched in the above mentioned programs; please feel free to PM me.

congrats Jay, I am proud of you.

Internship: MSU at Kalamazoo
Advanced: Loyola

I am sooooo excited. Can't wait to hear who else will be heading to Chicago...

Intern Year: University of Texas medical Branch-Galveston, Tx

Advanced: University of Washington

Congratulations to all who matched this year. I was wondering, on behalf of the class of 2009, if all of you who haven't posted interview reviews would do so. We future 4th year med students would like to know about the programs, and now that you've matched, there shouldn't be any competitiveness to suppress anyone else (if that was anyone's previous motivation).

Members don't see this ad :)
Advanced: The University of Miami

aka................ "THE U"

We are so excited!!!! We will be staying here at the University of Rochester (NY)... Also, we had our little baby boy today at 7:06pm and he is doing well. Two blessings on the same day-- can't go wrong with that!

Congrats to all of you!!!!!!

physiatrymom,
i'm so happy for you and your family! congrats!

We are so excited!!!! We will be staying here at the University of Rochester (NY)... Also, we had our little baby boy today at 7:06pm and he is doing well. Two blessings on the same day-- can't go wrong with that!

Congratulations! Good news always comes in bunches doesn't it. I got my second choice, but I am very excited! July 2009 can't come soon enough for me.:laugh:

TOP CHOICE!!!
mayo-clinic-logo.jpg

Congratulations, but enjoy those cold winters in Rochester ;) (I used to live in Minnesota and have been to Rochester a few times). Seriously though, its a great program.

Hey guys,
Got my second choice, ECU in North Carolina, and my fiancee and I are staying together she got IM there too. I am starting catagorical which is really awesome....anyone else in the class feel free to PM me

Congrats to everyone, and thanks to everyone who has posted information over the past year, it has helped me very much.

Congratulations physiatrymom...especially on your beautiful baby!....
and to everyone else....my future physiatry colleagues.!

Baylor/UT-Houston Alliance! Not my top choice but couples matching knocked both of us down a few pegs... and it's not exactly a terrible place to go for PM&R anyway. :)

Prelim: UT-Houston

Congrats to all! and to PhysiatryMom on your new family addition.

I got my first choice! I will be going to VCU/MCV in Richmond, VA!!!! Yeah! No more cold winters in the midwest for me! Woo hoo!

University of Washington...thrilled to be going back to the Pacific NW!

keep 'em coming guys, where's everyone going, CONGRATS TO ALL!!!

Just joined sdn today so that DOctor Jay can stop calling me a "lurker". :p

Prelim: St Barnabas Transitional (my number 2)
Advanced: UMDNJ/Kessler (YAY! my number 1)

Anyone else going to Kessler?

With the encouragement of another lurker (you know who you are and I'll see you tomorrow) and from sheer happiness, I'm letting everyone that I matched my number one...

Kessler!

Yay! DOctor Jay, I'll see you at exit interview on Thursday! Pebbles519, I'm going to PM you. Congratulations to all! :D

Pebbles, thanks for throwing your hat in the ring (finally, haha), congrats on Kessler, and keep posting for those behind us.

Ziggy, congrats to you as well - our class did really well in PM&R this year (7/7 matched!), see ya Thurs.

Congrats to all the Matched, but what's the deal? How come the MSIVs have stopped posting where they're going. I'd like to know who will be my PGY2s when I'm a PGY4. Keep the posts coming.

Long time lurker...., but will be regular now

Albert einstein montefiore
PGY1 monte.. prelim surgery
PM&R Montefiore:thumbup:

Just joined sdn today so that DOctor Jay can stop calling me a "lurker". :p

Prelim: St Barnabas Transitional (my number 2)
Advanced: UMDNJ/Kessler (YAY! my number 1)

Anyone else going to Kessler?

Congrats Pebbles. Solid choice.

Hopefully, a smooth transition will follow our Esteemed Chair's retirement.

(I am a Kessler alum/former Chief.)

Baylor/UT-Houston Alliance! Not my top choice but couples matching knocked both of us down a few pegs... and it's not exactly a terrible place to go for PM&R anyway. :)

Prelim: UT-Houston

Definitely NOT terrible. Houston has great restaurants, two fine airports, inexpensive real estate, and you're an hour away from the beach.

Oh, and the neurorehab training in TBI & SCI & spasticity mgt is outstanding, if one cares about those sorts of things. :)

Here are my results:

PGY-1- Christiana care (traditional rotating)
PGY-2- UPenn

Who is retiring?

Congrats Pebbles. Solid choice.

Hopefully, a smooth transition will follow our Esteemed Chair's retirement.

(I am a Kessler alum/former Chief.)

Who is retiring?

One of these days/years, Dr. DeLisa will retire. He openly speaks of it now.

It is hard for me to think of the program without him there.

congrats to all that matched!
as a third year student, It would really help us if now that all of you have matched, you could provide us with details of your applications.
- board scores
- gpa
- rank
- research
- number of audition rotations
- letters of recc
- and just more or less specific details that would help us know what to expect and boost our applications, so that we can be in your position next year!

Not going to make much of a change in the majority of those categories if you are an MS3 and applying at the end of this year.

congrats to all that matched!
as a third year student, It would really help us if now that all of you have matched, you could provide us with details of your applications.
- board scores
- gpa
- rank
- research
- number of audition rotations
- letters of recc
- and just more or less specific details that would help us know what to expect and boost our applications, so that we can be in your position next year!
I would love to tell you a+b+c+d and you will get in - the sad truth is, it doesn't work that way

Every program is different. If they have had a less than perfect board pass rate, that is a higher priority (and they will definitely look at your performance on standardized tests). Whatever they got dinged on on their last residency review is what they are looking to strengthen this time. So research interest? Probably matters most to the program that DOESN'T produce much currently, rather than those that have lots of opportunities (even though that may seem counter-intuitive). Some have a bias against IMGs, some against non-MDs, and some against non-traditional applicants. Some want you to not focus exclusively on pain, some think focus coming into the program is a good thing.

At this level, it is all about the personalities - both yours, AND theirs. Before you apply to an individual program, look at the characteristics of the current residents. Of course, if there is a new chair or PD this year, you may have to look at their PRIOR program's residents to get that sense.

I know this should be obvious, but recognize that EVERY contact you have with the program is being looked at. That secretary who answers the phone who you treat like crap in order to talk to the PD? She is the coordinator, and what he or she links matters more than you know. The residents who take you out to lunch or or dinner, and tell you "this isn't part of the interview process"? It absolutely is, and how you interact with potential peers is unquestionably factored into the programs decision.

So what are "they " looking for? Every place is different, and to a very large extent, it matters who "they" are.