Where did you match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ustmd2006

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm currently preparing for the 2008 match. Anyway, I've heard that one good way to research what programs IMGs have a better chance of getting into is to actually talk to IMGs who have matched...especially those who graduated from your school. So I'm calling to all the IMGs out there, if you don't mind, please share where you matched or at least got an interview. I'm particularly interested in Pathology. And I graduated from UST (Philippines), so I'd really like to hear from Thomasians as well.

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

i matched in psych at a university program. if u could go back in time like 5 years ago it would have been great as i heard patho was easy back then. now it is more competitive. try and do an externship in patho. check out my blog for more advice (the link is below). it relates mostly to psych but check back often as i will be adding stuff for everyone. i dont know too much more about patho but check out the patho section at sdn. also i would suggest you apply to family or IM or psych as back up. i heard neuro is easy. heard u could do a fellowship in neuropath or neurophysio afterwards. also look into nuclear medicine. this is very easy to get and it is somewhat similar to patho in being diagnostic. for nuclear med you do 1 transitional or IM year then 3 years in nuke. it pays well yet has quesitonable future and job security. yet u can transfer into radio from there. good luck.

Where are all the IMGs? We, newbies, would really appreciate any advice from you guys. Where are the Thomasians? :(

Members don't see this ad :)
what advice r u looking for??