Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Where did you take your prerequisite classes?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by konp, Apr 2, 2018.

1. konp

Hello everyone!

I am mapping out how I should take my prerequisite classes for pharmacy school. I have a Bachelors and did decently as an undergrad, GPA was decent. I worked for a few years after undergrad (or a long time you can put it, >5 years) and now I want to return to get the PharmD degree at a pharmacy school.

My question is where did you all take your prerequisite classes for pharmacy school applications? Did you take it at a local community college?

And did any of you complete a post baccalaureate program? Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. everyone one sees B

everyone one sees B recognize this ochem mech? haha

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hey!

I took all my pre-reqs at my 4 year university except my public speaking and statistics requirements, which I did at a CC. I would think that you’d be much more competitive if you took your science courses at a 4 year university but people have gotten into schools taking all their prerequisites at a CC also, so there’s that.

#2 everyone one sees B, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  4. SwolePharmacist

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi Konp,

I highly recommend taking all your major science courses (all your chemistry courses, and the more complex bio courses,) at a 4 year university, as mentioned above. As for the electives, it won't matter where you take them.

I personally took half of my electives and some biology at a community college, but made sure to complete all my CHEMISTRY courses at a 4 year uni. They didn't ask me about it in the interview, everything went great!

I will mention though, it will differ from pharmacy school to pharmacy school, so make sure to get in contact with the pharmacy advisor at the main school you're looking to apply to and ask them about it!

Good luck :)

everyone one sees B likes this.