Where do I start?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sure there has to be a thread on this somewhere, but I can not seem to find it. The search engine on this site isn't the most efficient.

I am hoping someone could help me get my proverbial ball rolling in getting starting with the DPT program. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is there anywhere to see the steps I need to take in order to start and apply to schools? I have a BS, but I know I need more prereq's. I need to know things like, where can I take a GRE, how do I know if the school will accept my prereq classes, when do I apply, etc.

Could anyone direct me to a good thread or give me some steps? Thanks!

G

Members don't see this ad.

http://www.ptcas.org/ schools using the PTCAS application and non PTCAS schools can be found by using the various links..........you don't need to log in or have an account until you are ready to apply this July for 2013-14 start. there are standard prereqs and some schools require additional. This site will link you to many school programs.
http://www.ets.org for GRE general questions then just fish around you'll find what you need

good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
The PTCAS school is a great directory. It will even give you the average stats of the previous accepted class so you know what schools you would stand the best chance of getting into. It also lists a lot of other pertinent information about each school. I would recommend doing a substantial amount of research on schools before you start applying. I would also buy a book or two to practice for the GRE. A good score is very important in the application process for most schools so make sure you study for it. Goodluck!

PTCAS is a good website; however, they do not have statistics for ALL DPT programs. You would need to go to apta.org and navigate to "prospective students" to find information about ALL the accredited programs.