General Admissions & OTCAS Where do we post our observation/shadowing hours on OTCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gOT2beOT

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!
I am looking to post my observation/shadowing hours on OTCAS. Does this go under Experiences as a Volunteer experience?

Also, I have worked in many healthcare settings in administration. Do these experiences go under Experiences as Employment or Healthcare Experience?

Thank you for any help!
 
Hello!
I am looking to post my observation/shadowing hours on OTCAS. Does this go under Experiences as a Volunteer experience?

Also, I have worked in many healthcare settings in administration. Do these experiences go under Experiences as Employment or Healthcare Experience?

Thank you for any help!
Hi! Under supporting information, there is a separate section called observation hours. This is where you can enter your shadowing.

As far as your administration experience, I think I’d provably put it under employment, and then use the description section to describe how it related to healthcare/OT (if that makes sense haha)

I think it will be fine either way though! All the experiences still stay under the same place and they’ll still (hopefully) read every thing you put under that section regardless. 🙂 I put my experience as an exercise physiologist under employment and question whether I should have put it under healthcare experience, but I already submitted so I can’t edit now haha. I think it’ll be okay.
 
Last edited:
Hi! Under supporting information, there is a separate section called observation hours. This is where you can enter your shadowing.

As far as your administration experience, I think I’d provably put it under employment, and then use the description section to describe how it related to healthcare/OT (if that makes sense haha)

I think it will be fine either way though! All the experiences still stay under the same place and they’ll still (hopefully) read every thing you put under that section regardless. 🙂 I put my experience as an exercise physiologist under employment and question whether I should have put it under healthcare experience, but I already submitted so I can’t edit now haha. I think it’ll be okay.
You're right, for some reason I thought it had to be put somewhere else! Thank you so much! And I'm sure its fine either way! Your title will tell!