Where do you fill your personal prescriptions?

Started by njac
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

njac

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With the CVS-Target acquisition, I'm wondering where I should transfer my prescriptions.

I've used Target for convenience + they treat their pharmacists relatively well, so I'll be transferring out asap.

I'll probably look for an independent pharmacy within my neighborhood.
 
Last edited:
I do not like the pharmacist who runs the independent in my neighborhood, so I go to a Kroger pharmacy close to my house. I do most of my shopping there and classmate is the pharmacy manager.
I recommend supporting your local independent pharmacy though, that is if you like the pharmacist(s) there.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I tell my family to go independent. Luckily, they live somewhere where an independent actually is the major pharmacy in the area. As for me, I hate the idea of filling where I work as then everybody knows your business, but it's so much cheaper that way...
 
If I wasn't contract tied to CVS...I'd go to CVS because its like a 1 minute drive from my house. I don't care who my pharmacist is. And for all intents and purposes, they would be a pill counter and that's it because I already DUR the hell out of everything I take well before they see my prescription.

So if I was a pharmacist in some other setting and needed a pharmacist...I would go to whatever was the closest. Which is what I would recommend.
---
Now I do care who my mechanic is. Glemser Bros for life.
 
If you work for CVS, you have no choice but to fill your scripts at CVS (if you have CVS health insurance, that is.) I tried to fill a personal prescription at an independant (nothing too embarrassing, just something I don't want coworkers finding in my profile if they decide to be nosy).....or during flu shot season where they would access my profile. The independent RPH told me they aren't contracted with CVS Caremark. I call Caremark, and lo and behold, the representative tells me I can only fill my prescriptions at CVS Pharmacy locations.

Not cool at all....
 
I have cvs insurance. Sometimes it's cheaper to fill at grocery store/walmart for $4 than pay the 7.50 generic copay.
 
I don't believe in medications - like @Unchained so I pick the plants out of my backyard.

Honestly I go to my hospitals outpatient Rx. I went to a CVS during a snowstorm when I had the flu and will never go back
 
At my store, with my discount. But I work for an independent. When we have needed to go somewhere when traveling it was whatever store was closest.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I use my hospital outpatient pharmacy. Since, I live further from work I use Walgreens when I need something more urgently.
 
While I would love to support independent pharmacists, time and location never works out. Sorry, but an 8-4 or 9-5 schedule doesn't suit anyone but retired people.

I jump around quite frequently, so I use CVS purely for convenience. However, you can bet that I personally DUR anything I take, and personally verify the right pills are in the bottle.