-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Where do you find job offers?
Started by Not NPO
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Connections if you are lucky to have any.
Gasworks.com.
Gasworks.com.
I agree with @chocomorsel that connections are the best way. After that, if you have a particular group/region in mind, cold-calling them and at least talking to a department/group admin assistant is better than email (emails can easily be ignored/forgotten).
Gaswork is probably next but you have to learn the red flag lingo and really evaluate the postings.
Recruiters are the most annoying but might be able to hook you up with something decent.
Gaswork is probably next but you have to learn the red flag lingo and really evaluate the postings.
Recruiters are the most annoying but might be able to hook you up with something decent.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m in dallas but If you are interested in any USAP locales I can put you in touch with the right people -
I dont understand why anybody would have trouble in this anesthesia job market… people are hiring quite literally everywhere… recruiters call and email me all the time. No idea how they got my contact info. Gaswork, google, device reps, cold calling hospitals and clinics, etc etc. all viable resources.
Jobs are everywhere, but most of them are ****ty ones.I dont understand why anybody would have trouble in this anesthesia job market… people are hiring quite literally everywhere… recruiters call and email me all the time. No idea how they got my contact info. Gaswork, google, device reps, cold calling hospitals and clinics, etc etc. all viable resources.
Thats true… but really to get to the best you have to take a big sample. I spoke to like 12 different places from various connections before picking one…Jobs are everywhere, but most of them are ****ty ones.
Create a standard email and text reply:Thats true… but really to get to the best you have to take a big sample. I spoke to like 12 different places from various connections before picking one…
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Prior to moving forward, I need the following information:
1) I have medical license xyz and am willing to relocate
2) What is the W2 / 1099 average salary
3) What are the benefits
4) What is the call frequency
5) Partnership track
6) CME/Overtime/Vacation/Sick leave etc
7) Whatever else is important to you
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Every recruiter that calls, emails, or texts you send that message reply to. Do not agree to any phone calls or further correspondence until those questions are answered. Just standard "i require all questions to be answered prior to any additional communication." Eventually the recruiters will relent and/or just block them and move onto the ones that provide legitimate information.
If it was just a matter of finding a job and earning a paycheck, sure, no one would have any trouble or any stress over the issue.I dont understand why anybody would have trouble in this anesthesia job market… people are hiring quite literally everywhere… recruiters call and email me all the time. No idea how they got my contact info. Gaswork, google, device reps, cold calling hospitals and clinics, etc etc. all viable resources.
The last couple years there have been a lot of places to work, and a lot of money being offered. I'd guess I've worked at a dozen hospitals doing locums over the last 10 years, and in the end when I left the Navy and went looking for a permanent position, I didn't want to go to any of them.
I got several good leads from friends and former colleagues. I did not choose the highest paying job. Or the second highest. But I did choose the best job.
First step is knowing what you want. If it's just a big paycheck, yeah, there's no trouble finding that.
ASA sold it to them?people are hiring quite literally everywhere… recruiters call and email me all the time. No idea how they got my contact info. Gaswork, google, device reps, cold calling hospitals and clinics, etc
Likely ama, easy to opt out for ASA as I remember. AMA Physician Data Restriction ProgramASA sold it to them?
If you email them they will remove you. (Big money for ama)
PulmCCM | Substack
Life, death, and the ICU. Click to read PulmCCM, a Substack publication with tens of thousands of subscribers.
Likely ama, easy to opt out for ASA as I remember. AMA Physician Data Restriction Program
If you email them they will remove you. (Big money for ama)
![]()
PulmCCM | Substack
Life, death, and the ICU. Click to read PulmCCM, a Substack publication with tens of thousands of subscribers.pulmccm.org
I tried to access the link at the bottom of the article. Got a invalid webpage message. Then read the date of the article……. I want to opt out still!
Use the first link in his post.I tried to access the link at the bottom of the article. Got a invalid webpage message. Then read the date of the article……. I want to opt out still!
And I suggest you email. Letter with form or fax in 2022 - clearly trying to add friction so people don't opt outUse the first link in his post.
If it was just a matter of finding a job and earning a paycheck, sure, no one would have any trouble or any stress over the issue.
The last couple years there have been a lot of places to work, and a lot of money being offered. I'd guess I've worked at a dozen hospitals doing locums over the last 10 years, and in the end when I left the Navy and went looking for a permanent position, I didn't want to go to any of them.
I got several good leads from friends and former colleagues. I did not choose the highest paying job. Or the second highest. But I did choose the best job.
First step is knowing what you want. If it's just a big paycheck, yeah, there's no trouble finding that.
I did the same. Who said anything about the biggest pay check? I didn’t take the biggest paycheck either. Just the best fit.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I take it that is weekly Pay? How busy are you and what is life like in Greenland?!I actually found my current job through LinkedIn.
It all started when I received a direct message from an employer based in Greenland. I made the decision to relocate from the USA, and now I'm happily employed here.
An anesthesiologist in Greenland typically earns around 91,400 DKK/$13,000. Salaries range from 44,800 DKK/$6,500 (lowest) to 143,000 DKK/$21,000 (highest), based on experience and many other factors.
If anyone else would be interested in moving here, keep an eye on hireme.gl, the platform for finding work in Greenland, which is still in development, but will offer a lot of job opportunities once finished.
I have so many questions…I actually found my current job through LinkedIn.
It all started when I received a direct message from an employer based in Greenland. I made the decision to relocate from the USA, and now I'm happily employed here.
An anesthesiologist in Greenland typically earns around 91,400 DKK/$13,000. Salaries range from 44,800 DKK/$6,500 (lowest) to 143,000 DKK/$21,000 (highest), based on experience and many other factors.
If anyone else would be interested in moving here, keep an eye on hireme.gl, the platform for finding work in Greenland, which is still in development, but will offer a lot of job opportunities once finished.
What’s it like living in Greenland!? Do you need to speak anything beyond English?
D
deleted87051
I take it that is weekly Pay? How busy are you and what is life like in Greenland?!
Maybe monthly.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 316
- Views
- 17K