where do you get more practice tests if not in a prep course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supertrooper66

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i think the title says it all. i've done a search already but no luck on this one. i've already taken 7/8 AAMC tests on my first real mcat on 4/5. i'm retaking 7/10 so need more tests to practice now! i'm saving the last AAMC one to right before my real test. sooo that means i have to use the less effective tests from other companies. i'm not in a prep course, so i don't have access to all of kaplan's tests. i can't reuse my friends' kaplan tests b/c kaplan only let you takes each test once.

what practice tests should i use and more important where do i get them at a reasonable price? i'm not signing up for a $3000 prep course just to get the tests lol. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

There are a lot of practice tests out there that don't require you to be signed up for a prep class:
1. GS tests. You can buy 10 of these.
2. TPR. They have a free one on their website and if you buy their $100 book, you can get a couple more.
3. Kaplan. Same as above.
You can get a total of 15 tests if you wanted. So, don't worry. :luck:

i think the title says it all. i've done a search already but no luck on this one. i've already taken 7/8 AAMC tests on my first real mcat on 4/5. i'm retaking 7/10 so need more tests to practice now! i'm saving the last AAMC one to right before my real test. sooo that means i have to use the less effective tests from other companies. i'm not in a prep course, so i don't have access to all of kaplan's tests. i can't reuse my friends' kaplan tests b/c kaplan only let you takes each test once.

what practice tests should i use and more important where do i get them at a reasonable price? i'm not signing up for a $3000 prep course just to get the tests lol. thanks!

Just to add to jgberken's response, you can also buy three fom BR, so there are plenty of CBT exams available in addition to AAMC.

But, once you do enough on the computer that you are used to it, then paper tests work fine, and there are tons of those for sale at the typical spots.

hey BRTeach,

the BR site says "Access to our CBTs must be made from your own personal computer. When you log on to our exam site you must have the cookies on your web browser activated. This will allow us to register your computer with our system. You will be allowed to use two different computers with the same ISP address."

i am going to be using my comp at school till the end of June for practice, but then I will return home in another state for the last few weeks before my MCAT date. i'm sure i'll access the BRs at home on the house computer. i know BR says you can use it on 2 different computers, but they won't have the same ISP address. my ISP at school is the university's ISP and at home it's Cox. is this going to be a problem? can I call BR ahead of time to inform them? thanks.