-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*Where have you heard from? 2010-2011 Cycle*
Started by 4thMolar
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I've heard from...
University of Buffalo
Howard University
University of Louisville
Boston University
New York University
Nova Southeastern University (UPDATE: Received an application receipt confirmation and a link to complete supplemental application + fee)
Mailing Date - 07/09
University of Buffalo
Howard University
University of Louisville
Boston University
New York University
Nova Southeastern University (UPDATE: Received an application receipt confirmation and a link to complete supplemental application + fee)
Mailing Date - 07/09
UB - Application received (email) - 7/6
UMDNJ - Application received (email) - 7/6
Louisville - Application received (email) - 7/9
BU - Application received (email) - 7/9
NYU - application received (email) - 7/12
Nova - application received and request to do secondary (email) - 7/12 (did not receive a financial assistance email from them however)
Mailing date: 7/9
UMDNJ - Application received (email) - 7/6
Louisville - Application received (email) - 7/9
BU - Application received (email) - 7/9
NYU - application received (email) - 7/12
Nova - application received and request to do secondary (email) - 7/12 (did not receive a financial assistance email from them however)
Mailing date: 7/9
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Under Dental School Designations I have two mailing dates. I have talked to the schools and they have my scores and evaluations but why do I have two mailing dates listed....7/9 and 7/16. Anyone? Thanks
Under Dental School Designations I have two mailing dates. I have talked to the schools and they have my scores and evaluations but why do I have two mailing dates listed....7/9 and 7/16. Anyone? Thanks
you may have updated something in your application, and thus its going to be sent out again.
you should be good since you have the 7/9 mailing
I've heard from...
University of Buffalo
Howard University
University of Louisville
Boston University
New York University
Nova Southeastern University (UPDATE: Complete Supplemental confirmation)
Virginia Commonwealth University
Mailing Date - 07/09
University of Buffalo
Howard University
University of Louisville
Boston University
New York University
Nova Southeastern University (UPDATE: Complete Supplemental confirmation)
Virginia Commonwealth University
Mailing Date - 07/09
@4thMolar
Yeah, my application is complete with everything turned in, but they should be receiving one last LOE this Friday (3 sent with my 07/09 mailing, 1 verified to be sent on 07/16).
Also, I lost my delivery confirmation receipt and haven't yet checked my bank account, but my check and photo should have arrived at VCU today, as well - not sure if that is what makes the difference for them to send out an email to applicants.
Yeah, my application is complete with everything turned in, but they should be receiving one last LOE this Friday (3 sent with my 07/09 mailing, 1 verified to be sent on 07/16).
Also, I lost my delivery confirmation receipt and haven't yet checked my bank account, but my check and photo should have arrived at VCU today, as well - not sure if that is what makes the difference for them to send out an email to applicants.
@4thMolar
Yeah, my application is complete with everything turned in, but they should be receiving one last LOE this Friday (3 sent with my 07/09 mailing, 1 verified to be sent on 07/16).
Also, I lost my delivery confirmation receipt and haven't yet checked my bank account, but my check and photo should have arrived at VCU today, as well - not sure if that is what makes the difference for them to send out an email to applicants.
Thanks for the info. I applied last year and remember that VCU's 'application received' email took a long time for me to get (not until August) even though many other students had already heard from them.
For those who received requests for cash and other applications at the end of June, what date did you e-submit?
E-submitted the 20th, verified on the 24th, and had a mailing date of 7/9.
How did you guys pay the fee for Buffalo? Their website has been down for the past few days now...
They send a link in the "application received" email. I just checked it and it's working fine for me.
UB - Application received (email) - 7/6
UMDNJ - Application received (email) - 7/6
Louisville - Application received (email) - 7/9
BU - Application received (email) - 7/9
NYU - Application received (email) - 7/12
Nova - Application received and request to do secondary (email) - 7/12
Nova - received email that they received "course description" - 7/14
VCU - Application received (email) - 7/14
Mailing date: 7/9
UMDNJ - Application received (email) - 7/6
Louisville - Application received (email) - 7/9
BU - Application received (email) - 7/9
NYU - Application received (email) - 7/12
Nova - Application received and request to do secondary (email) - 7/12
Nova - received email that they received "course description" - 7/14
VCU - Application received (email) - 7/14
Mailing date: 7/9
I've heard from...
University of Buffalo
Howard University
University of Louisville
Boston University
New York University
Nova Southeastern University (UPDATE: Receipt of LOE's and Course Description)
Virginia Commonwealth University
Mailing Date - 07/09
University of Buffalo
Howard University
University of Louisville
Boston University
New York University
Nova Southeastern University (UPDATE: Receipt of LOE's and Course Description)
Virginia Commonwealth University
Mailing Date - 07/09
Nova - received email that they received "course description" - 7/14
What is this "course description" that you guys are referring to? I just received confirmation that I submitted my supplemental, and they gave me a pdf version of it. am i missing something?
For all of you guys who've submitted things early and heard stuff from schools, did the emails start coming AFTER the ADDSAS mailing date or AFTER the app was complete (GPA verified, app submitted w/payment, etc)?
I'm asking b/c I submitted my app and got my GPA verified last week and have the mailing date of July 16th, yet I haven't heard anything from any schools yet. I just want to make sure that I'm not missing anything.
Thanks 🙂
I'm asking b/c I submitted my app and got my GPA verified last week and have the mailing date of July 16th, yet I haven't heard anything from any schools yet. I just want to make sure that I'm not missing anything.
Thanks 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For all of you guys who've submitted things early and heard stuff from schools, did the emails start coming AFTER the ADDSAS mailing date or AFTER the app was complete (GPA verified, app submitted w/payment, etc)?
I'm asking b/c I submitted my app and got my GPA verified last week and have the mailing date of July 16th, yet I haven't heard anything from any schools yet. I just want to make sure that I'm not missing anything.
Thanks 🙂
Both
What is this "course description" that you guys are referring to? I just received confirmation that I submitted my supplemental, and they gave me a pdf version of it. am i missing something?
In addition to the email that states confirmation of the supplemental, another email was sent the next day stating what materials have been received (LORs, course description). Not entirely certain what course description is referring to.
UB - Application received (email) - 7/6
UMDNJ - Application received (email) - 7/6
Louisville - Application received (email) - 7/9
BU - Application received (email) - 7/9
NYU - Application received (email) - 7/12
Nova - Application received and request to do secondary (email) - 7/12
VCU - Application received (email) - 7/14
Louisville - Application processing and confirmation of payment - 7/14
Mailing date: 7/9
UMDNJ - Application received (email) - 7/6
Louisville - Application received (email) - 7/9
BU - Application received (email) - 7/9
NYU - Application received (email) - 7/12
Nova - Application received and request to do secondary (email) - 7/12
VCU - Application received (email) - 7/14
Louisville - Application processing and confirmation of payment - 7/14
Mailing date: 7/9
I've heard from...
University of Buffalo
Howard University
University of Louisville (AADSAS, DAT, Application Fee Received...Processing LOE's)
Boston University
New York University
Nova Southeastern University
Virginia Commonwealth University
Mailing Date - 07/09
University of Buffalo
Howard University
University of Louisville (AADSAS, DAT, Application Fee Received...Processing LOE's)
Boston University
New York University
Nova Southeastern University
Virginia Commonwealth University
Mailing Date - 07/09
U of Louisville
Tufts today
Louisville
MWU (AZ)
MWU (AZ)
Tufts
for those who heard from michigan, any emails??
I received an email from them after I mailed a check for my application fee. The email said that they received my payment and that my application was now under review. They would contact me if they needed anything else from me. Their website requests that the application fee be sent in with AADSAS.
For Tufts, how long after your posted mailing date did it take for you to hear from them? I'm assuming/hoping that those who have heard from Tufts were part of the 07/02 mailing, as my mailing date was 07/09, and I still haven't received any correspondence from them.
Louisville - received application, application fee and DAT scores and application is being processed further.
Midwestern (AZ) - secondary app submitted/paid
Boston - received application, pay fee online or by check if no access to debit/credit card.
All were done via electronic aadsas as my mailing date is: 7/16
Thank goodness today is payday because I wasn't expecting to pay these fees so soon!
Midwestern (AZ) - secondary app submitted/paid
Boston - received application, pay fee online or by check if no access to debit/credit card.
All were done via electronic aadsas as my mailing date is: 7/16
Thank goodness today is payday because I wasn't expecting to pay these fees so soon!
Last edited:
For Tufts, how long after your posted mailing date did it take for you to hear from them? I'm assuming/hoping that those who have heard from Tufts were part of the 07/02 mailing, as my mailing date was 07/09, and I still haven't received any correspondence from them.
i recently just heard from them, i believe yesterday
and my mailing date was 07/02
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How soon after mailing the check did you hear from Michigan? I sent my check weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Although my last LOE was just completed yesterday...so maybe they don't contact you until your entire app is complete.
check your bank
i just called Michigan, and they are still processing applications
my check was cashed, but Im still waiting for a response from them
I've heard from...
NYU
Tufts
Case
UMDNJ
BU
Nova
VCU
Howard
Indiana----REJECTION today =( so early....i hope this isn't a sign
Waiting for...
Maryland
Temple
UPenn
Pitt
Michigan
None of these schools sent supplements (except Nova), only an application fee. My school committee still hasnt sent out my letters.
Anyway my gpa/sgpa is 3.36/3.05, AA/SCI/PAT 21/21/21, i had extracurriculars, shadowing in both India and America, etc. I'm from Maryland, hopefully I get in in-state, Im sad i got a rejection so promptly🙁
thoughts? did anyone else get supplementals from those schools?😕
NYU
Tufts
Case
UMDNJ
BU
Nova
VCU
Howard
Indiana----REJECTION today =( so early....i hope this isn't a sign
Waiting for...
Maryland
Temple
UPenn
Pitt
Michigan
None of these schools sent supplements (except Nova), only an application fee. My school committee still hasnt sent out my letters.
Anyway my gpa/sgpa is 3.36/3.05, AA/SCI/PAT 21/21/21, i had extracurriculars, shadowing in both India and America, etc. I'm from Maryland, hopefully I get in in-state, Im sad i got a rejection so promptly🙁
thoughts? did anyone else get supplementals from those schools?😕
I've heard from...
NYU
Tufts
Case
UMDNJ
BU
Nova
VCU
Howard
Indiana----REJECTION today =( so early....i hope this isn't a sign
Waiting for...
Maryland
Temple
UPenn
Pitt
Michigan
None of these schools sent supplements (except Nova), only an application fee. My school committee still hasnt sent out my letters.
Anyway my gpa/sgpa is 3.36/3.05, AA/SCI/PAT 21/21/21, i had extracurriculars, shadowing in both India and America, etc. I'm from Maryland, hopefully I get in in-state, Im sad i got a rejection so promptly🙁
thoughts? did anyone else get supplementals from those schools?😕
I'm sorry you got rejected. 🙁 If you don't mind me asking, how did they notify you? email? AADSAS?
For Tufts, how long after your posted mailing date did it take for you to hear from them? I'm assuming/hoping that those who have heard from Tufts were part of the 07/02 mailing, as my mailing date was 07/09, and I still haven't received any correspondence from them.
I'm guessing we'll hear from Tufts next week. I'm in the 7/9 mailing and haven't heard from them yet either.
How soon after mailing the check did you hear from Michigan? I sent my check weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Although my last LOE was just completed yesterday...so maybe they don't contact you until your entire app is complete.
Hey PreDent11 and any other people I freaked out! I checked through my email to let you know what date I received conformation from Michigan and I couldn't find anything. I'm thinking I confused it with Kentucky, but I may have possibly just deleted the email. Sorry! :-( Michigan has cashed my check, though!
KalyV! I am sooo freaked out now. Indiana is my first choice so I am on edge now about getting a rejection email too. I already received an email from them at the beginning of the week stating they were processing my application and that they would get in touch with me if they needed any additional information. Did you get one of those too before the rejection?
Hey PreDent11 and any other people I freaked out! I checked through my email to let you know what date I received conformation from Michigan and I couldn't find anything. I'm thinking I confused it with Kentucky, but I may have possibly just deleted the email. Sorry! :-( Michigan has cashed my check, though!
KalyV! I am sooo freaked out now. Indiana is my first choice so I am on edge now about getting a rejection email too. I already received an email from them at the beginning of the week stating they were processing my application and that they would get in touch with me if they needed any additional information. Did you get one of those too before the rejection?
I got one of these as well..

wait...indiana rejected you already?! im so sorry!
but did we have to send the fee already? i thought we were to wait. i didnt receive any email from them either
The email pretty much says they'll look over your app and then send you a fee if necessary.
For those who heard back from Louisville, did they send another e-mail about payment being confirmed? If so, how long did that take from the date of the original payment?
I used their online payment system and it crashed after I inputed my credit card info so I'm not sure if it went through and I don't want to submit another payment.
I used their online payment system and it crashed after I inputed my credit card info so I'm not sure if it went through and I don't want to submit another payment.
For those who heard back from Louisville, did they send another e-mail about payment being confirmed? If so, how long did that take from the date of the original payment?
I used their online payment system and it crashed after I inputed my credit card info so I'm not sure if it went through and I don't want to submit another payment.
I didn't get an email from them once I submitted the payment. I'm not sure if it went through either.... Once I put in my information and hit submit there was no confirmation page or anything, it just brought me back to the original website. The charge hasn't been displayed on my credit card bill either, so I'm not sure if we should call Louisville to check.
For those who heard back from Louisville, did they send another e-mail about payment being confirmed? If so, how long did that take from the date of the original payment?
Yes I got an email confirming my payment but it was two days later, and actually came after the email letting me know that they were reviewing my application. I would call and check if I were you
I didn't get an email from them once I submitted the payment. I'm not sure if it went through either.... Once I put in my information and hit submit there was no confirmation page or anything, it just brought me back to the original website. The charge hasn't been displayed on my credit card bill either, so I'm not sure if we should call Louisville to check.
Yeah, same thing happened to me. I dug up their number and finally called them. They told me it did not go through and I had to submit again. I just submitted and it gave me a confirmation page. So, I would say try it again 👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i got the first email from indiana a couple of days ago saying they were reviewing my app. i got the rejection today via email. the admissions person said my dat's and extracurriculars were good but
".As you probably realize, your GPA, especially your science and BCP GPAs fell well below our minimum standard of 3.3. The good news is, since everything else in your application is so strong, all you need to do is complete a one-year pre-professional masters degree program (non-thesis option) in a biology based discipline with a graduate GPA of 3.5 or higher. Accomplish this, and you will be a very competitive applicant in the future."
.i think he basically just told me every school is going to reject me this cycle because my gpa blows, but hopefully thats not the case!!!! i really appreciate everyone responding so quickly this whole process is hell and i really hope im not just blowing 2000 bucks!.
.
".As you probably realize, your GPA, especially your science and BCP GPAs fell well below our minimum standard of 3.3. The good news is, since everything else in your application is so strong, all you need to do is complete a one-year pre-professional masters degree program (non-thesis option) in a biology based discipline with a graduate GPA of 3.5 or higher. Accomplish this, and you will be a very competitive applicant in the future."
.i think he basically just told me every school is going to reject me this cycle because my gpa blows, but hopefully thats not the case!!!! i really appreciate everyone responding so quickly this whole process is hell and i really hope im not just blowing 2000 bucks!.
.
i got the first email from indiana a couple of days ago saying they were reviewing my app. i got the rejection today via email. the admissions person said my dat's and extracurriculars were good but
".As you probably realize, your GPA, especially your science and BCP GPAs fell well below our minimum standard of 3.3. The good news is, since everything else in your application is so strong, all you need to do is complete a one-year pre-professional masters degree program (non-thesis option) in a biology based discipline with a graduate GPA of 3.5 or higher. Accomplish this, and you will be a very competitive applicant in the future."
.i think he basically just told me every school is going to reject me this cycle because my gpa blows, but hopefully thats not the case!!!! i really appreciate everyone responding so quickly this whole process is hell and i really hope im not just blowing 2000 bucks!.
.
🙁
Sorry to hear that news.
At least the admissions gave you helpful advice ASAP! 👍
I'm so scared right now!
Was Indiana your resident state?
If you don't mind me asking, what is your BCP and sGPA (approx.)?
my b it was all in my previous post, my gpa/scigpa was 3.36/3.05, and my dats were AA/SCI/PAT 21/21/21. he also incorrectly called me "Mr." but im a girl lol😛. i really feel like im screwed does anyone think i have hope? that was just such a quick rejection haha, at least i didnt mail in a fee yet, i just paid like 8 fees so hopefully schools arent just sucking me for my money so they can send me an equally swift rejection. my home state is maryland!! hopeeeeefullly ill get in!
my b it was all in my previous post, my gpa/scigpa was 3.36/3.05, and my dats were AA/SCI/PAT 21/21/21. he also incorrectly called me "Mr." but im a girl lol😛. i really feel like im screwed does anyone think i have hope? that was just such a quick rejection haha, at least i didnt mail in a fee yet, i just paid like 8 fees so hopefully schools arent just sucking me for my money so they can send me an equally swift rejection. my home state is maryland!! hopeeeeefullly ill get in!
Your overall stats are solid. Maryland has to at least give you an interview.
You are NOT total rejection material! 👍


my b it was all in my previous post, my gpa/scigpa was 3.36/3.05, and my dats were AA/SCI/PAT 21/21/21. he also incorrectly called me "Mr." but im a girl lol😛. i really feel like im screwed does anyone think i have hope? that was just such a quick rejection haha, at least i didnt mail in a fee yet, i just paid like 8 fees so hopefully schools arent just sucking me for my money so they can send me an equally swift rejection. my home state is maryland!! hopeeeeefullly ill get in!
Do u know whether they judge with +/- or without???? I'm borderline to -_-😴
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 885