Where is best site to buy textbooks online?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Superflyjsc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure this question has been asked already in the past so apologize to everyone.
Yeah, so I need to buy some books, anyone know any good, cheap and reliable/trustworthy online sites to buy textbooks from?
Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Superflyjsc said:
Im pretty sure this question has been asked already in the past so apologize to everyone.
Yeah, so I need to buy some books, anyone know any good, cheap and reliable/trustworthy online sites to buy textbooks from?
Thanks in advance

Shop around:

Half.com
walmart.com
Amazon.com (duh)
campusi.com

walmart.com is suprisingly good, especially if you can search by the ISBN number.

You might try the UK site for amazon.com or some others. With the exchange rate you can get some books pretty cheap. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
My experience has been that certain sites are cheaper for some books, but more expensive for others...I don't think there's any one "best site". I've always done well going to www.froogle.com and entering the name of the book I'm looking for. You'll get a list of sites that are selling the book (and how much they're charging for it) so it makes it very easy to instantly compare prices between different sites.

I buy them through Amazon. Find the listing of the textbook you want to get and click on the used book section. Some of the listing in that section are in fact book sellers that can sell you books brand new cheaper than amazon.

Superflyjsc said:
Thanks in advance

The following sites will compare prices for you.

Best Book Buys
CampusI