Where or how to start studying for DAT if you need to review the materials a lot?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted904921

Hello! I'm planning to take the DAT this summer but I feel like I forgot a lot of the materials from Bio, Chem, OChem because they were taken 1-2 years ago.
I know DAT Bootcamp and DAT Destroyer and most of the DAT study materials are practice problems. Where or how should I start studying for the DAT because I feel like I can't just go straight into the practice problems since I need to review a lot :(

Please give advice!! Thank you so much!!

Members don't see this ad.

My recommendations are as follows: Chad's for both chemistries, Cliff's for bio as well as reading the explanations in BC for bio, BC for PAT, Math destroyer for QR, and for reading idk I didn't really study it. I didn't follow a set schedule, but I'd try to do at least two different sections a day and CONSTANTLY review what I'd previously studied to create retention. So, I might watch a few of chad's GC videos, then knockout a chapter of Cliff's, then practice PAT one day. The next day, I might watch a few chad's OC, another chapter of cliff's, do some Math destroyer, and end the day by reviewing. Each person is different, but this is just what I did and I liked it.

Reactions: 1 user
I used ONLY Destroyer 2018. Literally every single question repeated a minimum 20x.

I scored 22-25.

My recommendations are as follows: Chad's for both chemistries, Cliff's for bio as well as reading the explanations in BC for bio, BC for PAT, Math destroyer for QR, and for reading idk I didn't really study it. I didn't follow a set schedule, but I'd try to do at least two different sections a day and CONSTANTLY review what I'd previously studied to create retention. So, I might watch a few of chad's GC videos, then knockout a chapter of Cliff's, then practice PAT one day. The next day, I might watch a few chad's OC, another chapter of cliff's, do some Math destroyer, and end the day by reviewing. Each person is different, but this is just what I did and I liked it.

thanks for replying! would doing all of this be enough to review ALL the materials again? i feel like i do have to reteach myself a lot. wondering if you think it'd be enough time!

thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
I used ONLY Destroyer 2018. Literally every single question repeated a minimum 20x.

I scored 22-25.

wow congrats!! did you have to start from scratch (review / reteach yourself a lot) or did you have a good background knowledge of bio, chem, ochem?

thanks for replying! would doing all of this be enough to review ALL the materials again? i feel like i do have to reteach myself a lot. wondering if you think it'd be enough time!

thanks again!
Yeah I think if you did all of these things you'd be fine. You could also practice with DAT destroyer, but I don't think it's entirely necessary. Honestly, my practice test scores on BC lined up almost perfectly with my actual test scores. So, if you study all of those things and hit your target score on BC constantly, I think you'd be good to go. Also, a good rule of thumb is once you study so much you just wanna take it and get it over with is a good sign your ready or almost ready for the test as well.

Reactions: 1 users
wow congrats!! did you have to start from scratch (review / reteach yourself a lot) or did you have a good background knowledge of bio, chem, ochem?

I had not taken O chem since ~2010/2011

G chem was back in ~2009/2010

I did however complete an SMP so I had Bio related exposure up until recently.

I had not taken O chem since ~2010/2011

G chem was back in ~2009/2010

I did however complete an SMP so I had Bio related exposure up until recently.

ohh i see! how did you get started with the destroyer if they were mostly just practices problems and not much teaching materials?

ohh i see! how did you get started with the destroyer if they were mostly just practices problems and not much teaching materials?

Just do the problems. Think about them. If not, look at the answers.

The thing about the Destroyer is that the answers aren't just answers. There's a breakdown of the thought process behind the answer and how to arrive at that answer. You can literally learn what is being asked, what is the proper answer and the science behind the answer.

Reactions: 1 user