Where should I apply? 3.9GPA, 516MCAT, meh ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MDhopeful2022

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where should I apply? I feel like my MCAT (516) and GPA (3.96) are decent, but I'm worried my ECs aren't up to par -- mainly shadowing/research.

Wright State University (OH)
Honors Degree/ Major in Anthropology/ Minors in Spanish and Medical Humanities
1.5 years working as tutor at university
1 summer working in research lab (polymers)
8 summers volunteering as counselor (girl scout camp & church camp)
100 hours volunteering at hospital (had patient interaction)
16 hours shadowing (OB/GYN & pain specialist)
Leadership positions in: Pre-Heath Society, Colleges Against Cancer, ZTA (sorority), ODK (honors society)
 
All the Ohio schools my friend. Wright State might look down on your level of shadowing, but 100 hours volunteering is in the good range. Your metrics are solid as well, so I'd definitely consider going to Case, OSU, or Cinci. Case is obviously very research heavy however. Apply to UMich, Pitt, Duke, Emory, Baylor, and Mayo as well. Indiana has no secondary which is nice as well and are pretty OOS friendly!

Best of luck!