Where Should I Apply ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RoRy7979

Reaction score
Hello All! I just had a quick question regarding where I would be competitive in the scope of some of my stats.

Economics & Management Major at a Liberal Arts College
Current Junior
cGPA: 3.58
sGPA: 3.35
MCAT 509
Volunteer Hours: 200+:
- Drug Rehab Center
- Food Bank
- Church Service
Physician Shadowing Hours: 160+:
- Level I trauma center in the state of Illinois
Patient/Clinical Exposure Hours: 150+:
- Hospice caring for elderly patients
Leadership Positions:
- Fraternity chapter president of 75 members as a sophomore for 1 year
- Community Service Director of fraternity for 5 months
- Stock Market Investment Group Healthcare Portfolio Manager where I managed almost six-figures of endowment money for 1 year
- First-Year Student Mentor for 1 year
Job Experience:
- Summer internship at a very successful venture capital firm in Chicago for 4 months

Let me know if you need any more information about my stats/profile. Thank you for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Good chances if you're applying DO and write your essays well, etc. MD would be tougher but there's a chance. Your MCAT isn't too bad, your sGPA is the most concerning part. As you aren't a science major you probably haven't taken all that many science courses and could possibly bring up that fairly easily if you wanted to make your application a bit stronger. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good chances if you're applying DO and write your essays well, etc. MD would be tougher but there's a chance. Your MCAT isn't too bad, your sGPA is the most concerning part. As you aren't a science major you probably haven't taken all that many science courses and could possibly bring up that fairly easily if you wanted to make your application a bit stronger. Good luck!

List of DO and MD schools you'd recommend?

Hello All! I just had a quick question regarding where I would be competitive in the scope of some of my stats.

Economics & Management Major at a Liberal Arts College
Current Junior
cGPA: 3.58
sGPA: 3.35
MCAT 509
Volunteer Hours: 200+:
- Drug Rehab Center
- Food Bank
- Church Service
Physician Shadowing Hours: 160+:
- Level I trauma center in the state of Illinois
Patient/Clinical Exposure Hours: 150+:
- Hospice caring for elderly patients
Leadership Positions:
- Fraternity chapter president of 75 members as a sophomore for 1 year
- Community Service Director of fraternity for 5 months
- Stock Market Investment Group Healthcare Portfolio Manager where I managed almost six-figures of endowment money for 1 year
- First-Year Student Mentor for 1 year
Job Experience:
- Summer internship at a very successful venture capital firm in Chicago for 4 months

Let me know if you need any more information about my stats/profile. Thank you for the help!

U of I and it’s various branches are your best and kinda slim hope for MD.
If I were you I would stick with the financial sector you enjoyed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why medicine? Break down all your clinical and shadowing hours by specialty and responsibility. What is your BCPM and how many hours of biomedical science coursework (beyond your prerequisites) have you taken? What is your relationship with your prehealth advisor?

If any mod comes across this look at OP's thread history, he's posted the same thing 3 times.

U of I and it’s various branches are your best and kinda slim hope for MD.
If I were you I would stick with the financial sector you enjoyed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What about DO schools?

Why medicine? Break down all your clinical and shadowing hours by specialty and responsibility. What is your BCPM and how many hours of biomedical science coursework (beyond your prerequisites) have you taken? What is your relationship with your prehealth advisor?
In short, medicine because my aunt died of medical malpractice at a fairly young age with 2 kids. I haven’t taken any upper level science courses because of the fact that I am an Economics major, so it makes it hard to balance the rigor of those classes with trying to take upper level science courses. I

I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
U Illinois
Southern Illinois
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
George Washington
Drexel
Temple