Where should I take these classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BirkChick

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the 2007 cycle, I am applying to Ohio State, which requires a semester each of biochemistry, microbiology and human anatomy.

Since I work full time, I need to find courses that are offered in the evenings. For Biochemistry, this is not a problem. In regards to Microbiology, it is only taught at my local university in the middle of the day so it looks like I have no choice but to take it at a community college. Anatomy, however, is taught at the university 4:00pm Mondays and Wednesdays -- which I could swing if I alter my work schedule. However, the community college offers it in the evening, meaning it won't affect my work.

I have never taken a community college class in the past -- I received my BS in Computer Science from Case, which is also my number one dental school choice.

So, I guess my question is: Is it a big risk to take Anatomy at a community college? Should I just accept the strenuous schedule and take it at my local university?

Thanks for your help!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

BirkChick said:
For the 2007 cycle, I am applying to Ohio State, which requires a semester each of biochemistry, microbiology and human anatomy.

Since I work full time, I need to find courses that are offered in the evenings. For Biochemistry, this is not a problem. In regards to Microbiology, it is only taught at my local university in the middle of the day so it looks like I have no choice but to take it at a community college. Anatomy, however, is taught at the university 4:00pm Mondays and Wednesdays -- which I could swing if I alter my work schedule. However, the community college offers it in the evening, meaning it won't affect my work.

I have never taken a community college class in the past -- I received my BS in Computer Science from Case, which is also my number one dental school choice.

So, I guess my question is: Is it a big risk to take Anatomy at a community college? Should I just accept the strenuous schedule and take it at my local university?

Thanks for your help!! :)
I would go the CC route for the Anatomy course... Dont get to stressed out, thats just no good... There are plenty of people here who took ALOT of their classes at a CC and still got accepted... Just do what will be best for you and your schedule