Where to find experimental analysis MCAT practice questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radioactive15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm aware of the plentiful new MCAT resources out there, but which ones specifically have a lot of practice questions regarding experimental analysis?

Older books such as EK 1001 series and even the AAMC Question Packs don't contain much of these types. Should I do all of the Khan Academy bio passages to gain this type of practice, or are there any other books that provide a lot of these specific question types?

Members don't see this ad.

Khan academy and EK30min exams; and if you don't mind the expense, EK FLs
Also, research articles - except for this you can make your own questions

Khan academy and EK30min exams; and if you don't mind the expense, EK FLs
Also, research articles - except for this you can make your own questions

Already did all of the EK 30 mins last month... should I re-do them?

I didn't want to spend an extra $300 for the EK FL if Khan was an equally good source of practice, but I'll look into it again. Timing and stamina aren't the issue, it's just that I need more improvement on the experimental analysis type questions

Old MCAT AAMC tests(the latter ones)
Princeton Review has some decent experimental passages, you just have to find them.
If you go through Berekley Review you will find some experiment based passages. It's not a ton but what BR is good at is asking questions that require thinking in a logical manner which is what the MCAT is really about and improving in these ways that require true thinking will improve your skills for analyze experimental based passages. These passages, even if they aren't experimental, are very helpful for your cause.

You're going to want to get in the habit of reading research papers on MCAT related topics .The best way to improve fluency in this area is to read alot of research papers. Look at how many different papers use the same common techniques in different ways; western blots, pcr, staining, dna isolation, the various experiments etc. Focus on what papers did to prove their hypotheses and how to read as fast as possible to sift through what is and isn't relevant information.

Reddit has a link online btw that has a number of research passages and then asks questions about them. They aren't really in the style of MCAT questions but they will help with increasing your comprehension of research passages.

Here is the reddit link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Mcat/comments/3e97yy/0720_article_qa2_nox_cancer_and_p53/

Reactions: 1 user