Where To Find List Of Headache Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lookleft

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can find out which programs offer a headache fellwoship, and also a source to find out where different neuro fellowships are.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

also try
www.ucns.org

There are several specialties that take an exam by the UCNS after fellowship for "accreditidation". The ones that come to mind are:

Neurocritical care
Behavioral Neurology
Autonomic Disorders
Headache
Neuroimaging
Neuro-oncology

At their site, for now their fellowship directory includes a list of institutions offer headache and behavioral neurology meeting UCNS criteria. Apparently, all others are in the works.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks neurologist and bustbones26 for those links! I was wondering where there was a centralized repository for fellowships.

How important are these "accreditations" in terms of actual practice?

Do these have anything to do with ACGME policies?

Would it really be so bad to go into a fellowship for the sake of the training, and leaving it without any actual certificates?

How important are these "accreditations" in terms of actual practice?

Do these have anything to do with ACGME policies?

Would it really be so bad to go into a fellowship for the sake of the training, and leaving it without any actual certificates?

I've wondered the same thing. Is there a practical incentive to seeking out certifications in these types of subspecialities?

Of the several subspecialites in neuro that are not 'board-accredited' by the ACGME, but are certified/accredited by other agencies (headache, behavioral, NM, neuro-onc, neauro-imaging), does it make a difference in the long run to go to a program that is accredited and to pursue the certification?