SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Where To Find List Of Headache Fellowship

Discussion in 'Neurology' started by lookleft, May 9, 2008.

1. lookleft

lookleft Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Does anyone know how I can find out which programs offer a headache fellwoship, and also a source to find out where different neuro fellowships are.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. bustbones26

bustbones26 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 26, 2003
    also try

There are several specialties that take an exam by the UCNS after fellowship for "accreditidation". The ones that come to mind are:

Neurocritical care
    Behavioral Neurology
    Autonomic Disorders

At their site, for now their fellowship directory includes a list of institutions offer headache and behavioral neurology meeting UCNS criteria. Apparently, all others are in the works.
  4. PhakeDoc

PhakeDoc Mudder Phudder 2+ Year Member

thanks neurologist and bustbones26 for those links! I was wondering where there was a centralized repository for fellowships.
  5. buckley

buckley 7+ Year Member

Jul 30, 2007
    How important are these "accreditations" in terms of actual practice?

Do these have anything to do with ACGME policies?

Would it really be so bad to go into a fellowship for the sake of the training, and leaving it without any actual certificates?

6. melmc

melmc Member 7+ Year Member

Feb 20, 2003
    Out west

I've wondered the same thing. Is there a practical incentive to seeking out certifications in these types of subspecialities?

Of the several subspecialites in neuro that are not 'board-accredited' by the ACGME, but are certified/accredited by other agencies (headache, behavioral, NM, neuro-onc, neauro-imaging), does it make a difference in the long run to go to a program that is accredited and to pursue the certification?