Where to find Pros/Cons for each school, curriculum, mandatory lecture, etc...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arc5005

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm trying to busy myself so I don't obsess over the application cycle. I want to start a list for each school I've applied to regarding pro's and con's of each school, curriculum, if there is mandatory lecture, etc..

Now I know some of this is easily found on the website - mainly the curriculum, but I'm not exactly sure where I should be looking for things such as mandatory lecture, or if there are recorded lectures, or required community service, or how much time is given to study for COMLEX vs USMLE, etc..

I think all of these things are extremely important when choosing which school is the best fit. Are there already posts that discuss these in the school specific thread under the Medical students - DO forums, or where should I be searching for this type of information that isn't obvious on the school's website?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi there,

I'm trying to busy myself so I don't obsess over the application cycle. I want to start a list for each school I've applied to regarding pro's and con's of each school, curriculum, if there is mandatory lecture, etc..

Now I know some of this is easily found on the website - mainly the curriculum, but I'm not exactly sure where I should be looking for things such as mandatory lecture, or if there are recorded lectures, or required community service, or how much time is given to study for COMLEX vs USMLE, etc..

I think all of these things are extremely important when choosing which school is the best fit. Are there already posts that discuss these in the school specific thread under the Medical students - DO forums, or where should I be searching for this type of information that isn't obvious on the school's website?

Thank you.

This is such a good idea! You should start a google doc to keep track of these things!

yeah and then post it for us to look at!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I literally wasn't meaning to be sarcastic but it definitely looks like it ahaha!=QUOTE]
I didn’t think you were being sarcastic! I think the google doc or spreadsheet would be awesome!

There is literally a “pros and cons of your DO school” thread in the DO student section.