Where to get a Leather Portfolio?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

speter33

S.D.N.'s Captain
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been to all the major stores that sell suits and professional attire and haven't been able to find a store that sells a leather portfolio I can take to my interview. Do you guys know what stores sell some?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure you can find one at Office Depot, Staples or any similar office supply/stationery store.

i bought mine at my undergrad student store/book store.

Members don't see this ad :)
Staples baby - $20! And I think it was pleather :D :D

try target....pretty inexpensive i think. just your standard, black pleather portfolio

Kenneth Cole had some nice ones at reasonable prices.

You can also buy them at some luggage stores - that's where I got mine.

$200 for a leather folder?! You people have too much $, give it to charity.

I bought one and never used. I think it's not necessary, especially for women.

Not necessary at all. All schools I interviewed at gave portfolio with all their information -- perfect for carrying things. I just carried my purse and the folders they gave me.

Many guys didn't have anything other than the school-given folder.

If a p/leather forlder gives you more confidence, by all means get one -- just don't consider it a necessity!

Thanx guys and gals. I didn't get to check back on this post until now because I stormed out of the house in the morning. The guy at century 21 told me to go to staples. I got my pleather for only $9.98 and it looks great!

Good times, speter33. It;ll make you look a little more professional at your interviews. Yes, they'll give you a folder but it looks nice if you come prepared with something to write on.

Come on guys, this is your interview, your future, you can splurge a little.

Originally posted by Pinkertinkle
Come on guys, this is your interview, your future, you can splurge a little.

That's true, if it would be beneficial. But I don't think it is.

In fact, walking around campus with a suit and tie already will make you look like a tool, so why add this on top of it? It's like the people who take out their Palm and look at it every 5 minutes.

Originally posted by speter33
I've been to all the major stores that sell suits and professional attire and haven't been able to find a store that sells a leather portfolio I can take to my interview.

Where are you interviewing? Wendy's?

Wilson's sells nice leather portfolios.

Living life always thinking about what others think of you is not the way to go. As long as it makes you feel more confident it's worth it.

Originally posted by Optimist
That's true, if it would be beneficial. But I don't think it is.

In fact, walking around campus with a suit and tie already will make you look like a tool, so why add this on top of it? It's like the people who take out their Palm and look at it every 5 minutes.