Where to get MCAT extra practice passages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nasem

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to compile a list of books / workbooks that have practice passages (especially for Organic and Biology sections).

Currently, I am Using TBR for physics and Gen chem, and really, you don't need anything else besides these 2

EK for verbal along with 101

EK for Biology and Organic.....however I am reading mixed reviewed about 1001s for Organic and Biology, most people say they are easier than the real MCAT (and for this reason alone, I am thinking of not getting the 1001s)...

So I was hoping if anyone would tell me what additional books / workbooks to get that are passage based and are pretty difficult (or at least almost as difficult as the real deal)

Members don't see this ad.

You could try getting kaplan book from a bookstore like for 40 bucks (price estimated). They have tests and passages in them.

Simply because the 1001s are easy does NOT mean they aren't worthwhile. They are great at nailing down the basics which many people lack. Even if you're scoring 10+, they maintain their usefulness. The Bio is a definite buy to me and I think the others are under-rated. Nevertheless, if you really don't want to buy them, you could pick up more BR books. You could also think about getting more tests.