Nasem

10+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2006
Lansing, MI
Status
Pre-Medical
I am trying to compile a list of books / workbooks that have practice passages (especially for Organic and Biology sections).

Currently, I am Using TBR for physics and Gen chem, and really, you don't need anything else besides these 2

EK for verbal along with 101

EK for Biology and Organic.....however I am reading mixed reviewed about 1001s for Organic and Biology, most people say they are easier than the real MCAT (and for this reason alone, I am thinking of not getting the 1001s)...

So I was hoping if anyone would tell me what additional books / workbooks to get that are passage based and are pretty difficult (or at least almost as difficult as the real deal)

scaredoflife

Eaaagglleee
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2007
Status
Medical Student
You could try getting kaplan book from a bookstore like for 40 bucks (price estimated). They have tests and passages in them.

SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Simply because the 1001s are easy does NOT mean they aren't worthwhile. They are great at nailing down the basics which many people lack. Even if you're scoring 10+, they maintain their usefulness. The Bio is a definite buy to me and I think the others are under-rated. Nevertheless, if you really don't want to buy them, you could pick up more BR books. You could also think about getting more tests.

About the Ads