Where to get Red-Eyes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BUmiken12

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, well here's the problem: I have a class on Thursday, the 12th until 9:30 p.m. that I must attend or my grade gets dropped half a letter....I also have an interview the 13th at 9:30 a.m. The drive is 6 hours, so I don't want to risk it. So where can I look for American Airline's or Delta's etc. red-eye flights?? I looked on Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, and CheapTickets.com, but I couldn't find ANY red-eye flights. I'm skeptical about Hotwire.com because I need a red-eye and they can't guarantee me one. What can I do??? Thanks in advance...

Members don't see this ad.

I would advise rescheduling the interview. You don't want to interview with red eyes! ;)

Depending on where you're flying, there may not be red-eye flights. Where are you flying?

Also, note that airlines have been cutting back flights a bit.

-RA

Members don't see this ad :)
If there are no red-eyes scheduled, I think you have no choice but to re-schedule. I think it's for the best anyway. You want to arrive at an interview well-rested, and with time to spare, not bleary-eyed and disoriented.

why do you have to attend this class? An exam being given or something? I would try to reason with my prof and tell him how much attending his class is going to cost me because I will have to take a flight if I attend, I would think he'd be reasonable... unless it is an exam or something.

I travel quite a bit for work, and I've found that if it ain't on Orbitz, it doesn't exist. :(

Red eye flights are usually long haul flights between large US cities. So you probably can find a red eye from LA to New York or SF to Chicago. You are probably not going to find one past 10:00 pm for a very short flight in this tough climate for airlines.

You need to either need to reschedule or see if you can leave class early.

why can't you take the test or whatever earlier? I am sure your prof will understand. Just keep a copy of the interview papers etc handy, to show him as proof in case he doesn't believe it. I heard about somebody on SDN whose prof didn't belive that he had to fly out the same day as the exam..

at first i thought this guy was trying to get pink-eye..

how stupid i am...

Every time I read this title I think "For dry, red eyes"... in a Ben Stein voice.

Originally posted by lola
Every time I read this title I think "For dry, red eyes"... in a Ben Stein voice.

LMAO!! :laugh:

Drive. 6 hours of drving isn't all that bad, and more importantly, what happens if your flight is delayed/cancelled? I fly quite often, and especially with small airports, I get delays all the time, by as much as a day sometimes.

Ok, I have to jump in on this one!

As an optometrist, I must say that there are lots of ways to get red eyes. First, you could hang around a day care center and catch epidemic keratoconjuctivitis (the contagious "pink-eye"). Or you could overwear your contact lenses. Or if you are allergic to pet dander, go to a pet store and pet the animals, then give your eyes a great big rub. Or my favorite, you could accidentally use peroxide as your contact lens solution--that will make them red in a jiffy!

Sorry 'bout that. Just had to join the silliness.