BUmiken12

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2001
Waco, TX
Visit site
Status
Ok, well here's the problem: I have a class on Thursday, the 12th until 9:30 p.m. that I must attend or my grade gets dropped half a letter....I also have an interview the 13th at 9:30 a.m. The drive is 6 hours, so I don't want to risk it. So where can I look for American Airline's or Delta's etc. red-eye flights?? I looked on Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, and CheapTickets.com, but I couldn't find ANY red-eye flights. I'm skeptical about Hotwire.com because I need a red-eye and they can't guarantee me one. What can I do??? Thanks in advance...

Random Access

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
Status
Depending on where you're flying, there may not be red-eye flights. Where are you flying?

Also, note that airlines have been cutting back flights a bit.

-RA

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2001
anchorage, ak
Visit site
Status
If there are no red-eyes scheduled, I think you have no choice but to re-schedule. I think it's for the best anyway. You want to arrive at an interview well-rested, and with time to spare, not bleary-eyed and disoriented.

Spidey

Leorl's official stalker
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Status
why do you have to attend this class? An exam being given or something? I would try to reason with my prof and tell him how much attending his class is going to cost me because I will have to take a flight if I attend, I would think he'd be reasonable... unless it is an exam or something.

Zoobaby

Monkey Wrench
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
BFE
Visit site
Status
I travel quite a bit for work, and I've found that if it ain't on Orbitz, it doesn't exist. :(

Mutterkuchen

15+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2001
Omaha
Visit site
Status
Red eye flights are usually long haul flights between large US cities. So you probably can find a red eye from LA to New York or SF to Chicago. You are probably not going to find one past 10:00 pm for a very short flight in this tough climate for airlines.

You need to either need to reschedule or see if you can leave class early.

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2001
Visit site
Status
why can't you take the test or whatever earlier? I am sure your prof will understand. Just keep a copy of the interview papers etc handy, to show him as proof in case he doesn't believe it. I heard about somebody on SDN whose prof didn't belive that he had to fly out the same day as the exam..

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2002
california
Visit site
Status
Every time I read this title I think "For dry, red eyes"... in a Ben Stein voice.

kaos

Web Crawler
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2002
Limbo
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by lola
Every time I read this title I think "For dry, red eyes"... in a Ben Stein voice.
LMAO!! :laugh:

Jonkst

15+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2002
Florida
Visit site
Status
Drive. 6 hours of drving isn't all that bad, and more importantly, what happens if your flight is delayed/cancelled? I fly quite often, and especially with small airports, I get delays all the time, by as much as a day sometimes.

Caffeinated

Army Strong
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Ok, I have to jump in on this one!

As an optometrist, I must say that there are lots of ways to get red eyes. First, you could hang around a day care center and catch epidemic keratoconjuctivitis (the contagious "pink-eye"). Or you could overwear your contact lenses. Or if you are allergic to pet dander, go to a pet store and pet the animals, then give your eyes a great big rub. Or my favorite, you could accidentally use peroxide as your contact lens solution--that will make them red in a jiffy!

Sorry 'bout that. Just had to join the silliness.