Where to get training for fertility and infertility pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

farmadiazepine

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am wondering if anybody knows where I can go to become trained in fertility and infertility and the compounding of related medications? I really have no idea where to start other than the fact I do live next to an extremely successful fertility pharmacy in a rich area, but I want that to be my last resort. Does anybody know if there is any training I can attend or certification I can get? I'm just curious, I just want to get some idea how to start. Thanks!

This is the place that made me interested: http://glenrockmedicalpharmacy.com/

Fertility, infertility, hepatitis C, and compounding. Wow. Five full time pharmacists and a full time nurse specializing in only those 4 things. That's awesome.
 
Having personally gone through the IVF process 3 times, Ive got some experience with nearly all of the meds listed here:

http://glenrockmedicalpharmacy.com/fertility/

The only drugs I used that were compounded were HCG and Leupron. Everything else was either made in prefilled syringes like insulin or manufacturer compounded creams like intravaginal antifungals.

Where you can be really helpful is providing support in the way of providing handouts about traveling with medications, fridge vs counter, injecting and basically having the medcations in stock for same day service. A lot of this stuff is about individualizing doses and some patients are forced to buy big boxes of meds they end up not using or worse, get sent an inadequate amount bc they require more than previously thought. The doctors office provides a lot of this info but when you get the meds it can be very overwhelming.