Where to have DO letter sent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedmind

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I have my DO letter sent to my pre-professional committee office? I was thinking of bringing the letter to my interviews but I'm not sure how that would work...

Members don't see this ad.

Should I have my DO letter sent to my pre-professional committee office? I was thinking of bringing the letter to my interviews but I'm not sure how that would work...

If the pre-profession committee handles LORs then yes or you can signp with interfolio and have your DO upload it or you can upload it there.

Being that your letters are supposed to be confidential you definitely shouldn't bring it to the interview and let the committee know you have seen it. Send it through interfolio or use your school's letter service if they have one like the previous poster said.

If your committee coordinator will upload it to VirtualEvals or Interfolio with his/her committee letter than bring it. BUT, before you get it from the D.O. have him put it in an official sealed envelope or have the D.O. mail it to your advisor at school, but check with your advisor first to see if it is OK.

I didnt do either. My D.O. actually hand mailed his letters. They got to the schools fine. Whether he personally did or his secretary is another thing.