Where to look for First Class days?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dai

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an incoming junior at the University of Houston, and I've been looking into PT schools and applying senior year. However, I am having a hard time figuring out the times students usually start their first year.

What I understand is most students apply fall of their senior year in hopes of being accepted and starting school summer or fall of the next year. However, I am trying to figure out what schools allow you to start your first year in the beginning of the year (like in January-February). Are there any schools in Texas/ California that have PT students starting their studies in the beginning of the year?

Also, if this is possible, where would you find this information? I have only seen applications for people hoping to start schools in the fall.

Thank you so much for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you checked out PTCAS, if not then please do so - it is the application to apply to PT school and it opens early July for the following school year (you'll apply in July 2015 for the following year, 2016-2017 school year). As for when programs start you will have to go to each programs website and see when they actually start, most start in summer (may/june) or fall (august/sept) but I do believe a few start in jan/feb but you'll have to look that up on each programs website.

I know U of St Augustine has a January start date as an option (they start 3 times per year). They have TX and CA campuses.

Members don't see this ad :)
The time line of most start dates is May-August. Or there are some schools who accept in the fall and spring so the spring would start in January. University of St. Augustine has 3 terms summer fall spring. Just depends on the school. If you go to the PTCAS website and click on the link that offers the program directory . Then find your program and on their profile page their start date is listed.

Check out my blog:

dptknow.wix.com/dptknow

I am an incoming junior at the University of Houston, and I've been looking into PT schools and applying senior year. However, I am having a hard time figuring out the times students usually start their first year.

What I understand is most students apply fall of their senior year in hopes of being accepted and starting school summer or fall of the next year. However, I am trying to figure out what schools allow you to start your first year in the beginning of the year (like in January-February). Are there any schools in Texas/ California that have PT students starting their studies in the beginning of the year?

Also, if this is possible, where would you find this information? I have only seen applications for people hoping to start schools in the fall.

Thank you so much for your time.
Most of the PT schools in Texas start in either the summer or fall. The only school that I'm aware of that does start in the beginning of the year is University of St. Augustine in Austin, TX. In California, I believe the only school that starts in the beginning of the year is Azusa Pacific University. Also, most of the admissions for the programs that start at the beginning of the year will start a year in advance but will end during May, so be on the lookout!
*credits: I was the former PT Officer for an allied health organization at the University of Houston. I also obtained my bachelor's degree from there as well and I am more than happy to help out a fellow Coog if you need it!*