where to stay in Seattle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

admitted

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be going for the interview at the University of Washington in Seattle. Please inform me of your suggestion on lodging. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you looking for cheap, or nice? Will you have a car? Also, will your interview be at the UW hospital, or somewhere else?

I stayed at the University Plaza the first time I went there. It was a dive, but fairly close to UW Hospital. The second time, I stayed at a Days Inn on 7th avenue. Another dive, but cheap and downtown and near a bus route to anywhere. Walking distance to Harborview. My last day there I stayed at the Mayflower Hotel, which is also downtown. Verrrry nice, and not hideously expensive (although it was a concierge-connection-deal, so I don't know if you'd be able to stay as inexpensively).

the university motel is on campus -- that was pretty cheap. the rooms were actually like apartments. i took my wife along and we made a weekend out of it. it's a 10 minute walk to the medical center. tele # 800-522-4720

i got these through doing a search on the uw home pages...

College Inn (206) 633-4441 http://www.collegeinnseattle.com/ (only a 3-block walk) and it's also cheaper than others
University Inn 4140 Roosevelt Way NE 632-5055
University Motel 4731 12th NE 522-4720
Meany Tower Hotel 4507 Brooklyn NE 634-2000
Silver Cloud 5036 25th Ave NE 526-5200
Travelodge 4725 25th NE 525-4612

(note: area code is 206 for all of these.

also don't forget the obvious -- current students or residents...alumni from your institution.....

uw is great. good luck.

thanks everybody for your post. happy holidays and good luck to your match!