Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Where to take Statistic course?

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by angelis1004, Apr 16, 2018 at 8:47 AM.

1. angelis1004

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Hey everyone,

I am a non-traditional student and planning to apply medical school in next year of June. It has been almost 8 years since I graduated from college. I was a biology major so I took biology, chem, biochem, genetics, calculus etc., except Statistics. It looks like a lot of medical schools now require Statistics as part of pre-requisite. Since this is the only class that I need to take, I was wondering if it is okay to take this class online. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Forever Geebs

Pre-Medical
    Yes. It is perfectly fine to take statistics online. Be sure that it's offered through your school's math department as some schools are very particular about that and will not accept statistics taught in a different department.

4. rdyotz

Pre-Medical
    Invest in MSAR, not all schools will allow online classes for prereqs. That said, I believe most do allow, at least on a case by case basis, online stats classes, but it's matter to research each school to be sure.

5. Magus5454

Medical Student
    My school didn't differentiate on transcripts which were online. My stats class over the summer was online, but hw had to be turned in and tests were in person.