Postbacc - where?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Here’s me: Stanford grad. Major in English, minor in CS. Have worked as a software engineer, management consultant at McKinsey, and now as a Chief of Staff at Mount Sinai.

Am trying to decide where to do my postbacc. I’m in at NYU post bacc but am weighing the following:
  1. How much does going to NYU post bacc increase my chances of getting into NYU Med? Thinking of linkage obvi
  2. Does doing classes at somewhere like Baruch or Lehman significantly weaken my application? These schools (unlike NYU) have night classes and so I could keep my job. Hard to live in NYC w/o an income. Also I wonder if 3yr vs 1.5 at Sinai increases my chances at getting into Icahn.
Any thoughts appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Here’s me: Stanford grad. Major in English, minor in CS. Have worked as a software engineer, management consultant at McKinsey, and now as a Chief of Staff at Mount Sinai.

Am trying to decide where to do my postbacc. I’m in at NYU post bacc but am weighing the following:
  1. How much does going to NYU post bacc increase my chances of getting into NYU Med? Thinking of linkage obvi
I have yet to see any info on stuff like this. Best to ask the program director and students in the med school
  1. Does doing classes at somewhere like Baruch or Lehman significantly weaken my application?
No, one one cares where you do these programs, only that you do well.
  1. These schools (unlike NYU) have night classes and so I could keep my job. Hard to live in NYC w/o an income.

1. Also I wonder if 3yr vs 1.5 at Sinai increases my chances at getting into Icahn.
See above about NYU

Have worked as a software engineer, management consultant at McKinsey, and now as a Chief of Staff at Mount Sinai.

Many would kill to have one of these positions, and you have had all three since undergrad. Why medicine? You must be doing well for yourself.