Medical Which adversity topic should I write about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I've written two types of adversity essays and was wondering if anyone had insight into which they would use for MD and DO applications. Brief summary:

1. my rejection from a student-run clinic my first application cycle. Was told it was due to concerns with my ability to uphold the clinics commitments due to my current insolvent with D1 athletics as a full-time student. Used the following year to obtain a research position, final in all competitive events, and demonstrate a significant upward GPA trend. Reapplied the following year and got in.
2. Receiving a sever concussion though D1 athletics, I was placed on a mandatory suspension from all physical activities as well as advised to withdraw academically for 2 quarters. I illustrate my determination to not only remain academically successful and on track to graduate in 4 years, but also to recover physically by putting in additional hours to compete and final in following competitions. Talked about overcoming the mental setbacks and fears I associated with my sport so that I could perform to the best of my ability.

Any advise would help and be much appreciated.
#2 works for me!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.