1. Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

which biological term describes ?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by wkawk2416, Jun 15, 2008.

1. wkawk2416

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    embryonic stages of development of an organism repreat the evolutionary history of the species.

any ideas?

2. thebozz1975

5+ Year Member

I think you are talking about the Theory of Recapitulation. You may have heard this as "ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny." By the way, it's an incorrect theory on many levels.

3. harrygt

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Boy, I remember this from my biology class. If you give me the 4 multiple choices, I will definitely tell you the right answer. This is a theory which has been abondened a long time ago. I still have it in my notes, but I'm not home right now. I will definitely get you the answer Once I get back home from the library in the evening.
    *OOPS, I just saw the guy above me. He is right. Entogeny recapitulates phylogeny"