Which campus to attend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoraMJ

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I got accepted to BCOM and I'm looking for advice on which campus to attend because I have to make the decision before I get to hear back from the other schools that I'm interviewing/interviewed at. I am originally from Florida so attending the FL campus and staying home would be a dream come true. But if I accept, there is no financial aid available in the FL campus which means I'll have to take private loans for at least the first two years. From what I heard, there is no difference in curriculum and pretty much everything is going to be run the same for both campuses (NM and FL). So if anyone has any advice, I would love to hear from you. And if anyone has attended/is attending Burrell in NM, I would love to hear your view on the school. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

From my understanding, private loans usually have very high interest rates (think 12%-16%). I believe federal loans are currently around 5-7%. You could be paying almost double the interest if you take out private loans.

Reactions: 1 user
If your only two options are original campus and new campus, go to the original campus. Being part of an inaugural class is not ideal for many reasons. No matter how much the school will try, there will be many kinks to work out over the first several years at the new campus.

Didn’t even know they had a new campus already. That was fast. Yeah, don’t be the guinea pig!

Reactions: 1 user