General Which cycle am I- when does this all happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MusicDOc124

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I just graduated high school and I am entering freshman year next year, graduating college in 2023, does that put me in the 2021-22 cycle, or the 2022-23 cycle (assuming I am successful in undergrad and decide to apply)? People usually take the MCAT winter/spring of junior year and begin the application process right after that, correct? Does the cycle name refer to my junior year when I'd be applying, or the year I would hopefully be starting med school? Confused about the names of the cycles of applicants. Thank you

If you are graduating college in 2023, and are applying so that you will have a chance to matriculate after graduation without any gaps besides the summer, then you'd be in the 2022-2023 cycle where you would be taking the MCAT likely at the end of your junior year (winter/spring 2022), and applying summer/fall 2022. The fall (2022) and spring (2023) semesters of your senior year are when you would have any potential interviews, and then you'd potentially matriculate summer/fall 2023.

I hope that clears up any confusion or questions you may have with timing.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.