Which dental schools have computerized gross anatomy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

regicide

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Due to my religion I am barred from touching corpses. I can, however, watch dissection, or use the computer to study.
Do any of you know schools which don't require touching the corpses, or only have computerized gross anatomy?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Due to my religion I am barred from touching corpses. I can, however, watch dissection, or use the computer to study.
Do any of you know schools which don't require touching the corpses, or only have computerized gross anatomy?
Thanks
I would email all the schools you want to apply to and ask them if this will be an issue. I'm assuming most/if not all U.S. have cadaver labs. On a side note, is it against your religion to participate in dissection or are you not allowed to touch the deceased at all?

Edit: I stand corrected! Looks there are a few schools out there.

Last edited:
I believe Case is pushing for digital?

And I know UNLV doesn't run a cadaver lab.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, Case is trying to use VR for anatomy. Don't know exactly when this is happening though.

Reactions: 1 users
MWU AZ does have a lab, so you may want to avoid them.

I was under the impression that LECOM did not, but you will want to confirm that. I may be totally wrong.

LECOM uses digital when I asked at the interview.

UIC had a cadaver lab. I know SIU has one too but I believe they also have a computerized option as well. Not too sure but if you are interested in applying there you may want to confirm that.

It's possible that if you do end up at a school with a cadaver lab, accommodations could be made for you due to your extenuating religious circumstances. I would contact schools you're interested in and ask. Hopefully this won't force you to severely narrow down your list.
Good luck!!

VCU, Colorado, and UW have cadaver labs.

What religion is this, by the way?

Judaism. Thanks for all your help! If any of you guys find out anything else please pass it on!

any info on rutgers or stony brook? are all schools working towards cadavers being a thing of the past?