Which DO schools dont accept many out of state students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhu1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which DO schools dont accept or tend to give a very little chance to students out of their own state?

Members don't see this ad.

Mostly the state schools: Texas, Oklahoma State, Michigan State, Ohio you. I think NYCOM is pretty stingy. Not sure if I'm leaving any out.

NYCOM is private and takes OOS. Although Nova doesn't care if you aren't from FL, it does show an instate preference, they do care if you are OOS that you are likely to stay in South Florida, especially in primary care.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Scool %OOS KCOM 79% SOMA 77% AZCOM 71% CCOM-MWU 43% DMU-COM 73% GA-PCOM OOS friendly KCUMB-COM 84% LECOM 67% LECOM 66% LMU-DCOM ?? MSU-COM 11% NSU-COM 56% NYC-COM 35% OSUCOM 12% OUCOM 13% PNWUCOM ?? PCOM 49% PSCOM 53% RVU-COM ?? TOUROCOM-NY ?? TOUROCOM-CA 47% TUNCOM 89% UMDNJ-SOM ?? UNE-COM 76% TCOM 10% VCOM 65% Western UCOMP 69% WVSOM 44%

Edit: sorry for the crap formatting, it's copied & pasted from excel.

NYC-COM? Seriously? Somehow that makes me question the validity of these numbers. :laugh:

That's a typo in the excel file on my part. No need to read between the lines. The text links to the correct website so I'd trust the numbers because that's where I found them.

That's a typo in the excel file on my part. No need to read between the lines. The text links to the correct website so I'd trust the numbers because that's where I found them.

Sorry; I didn't mean to question YOUR validity. :D

35% OOS is actually what I thought it was for NYCOM, since everyone seems to think that they hardly take OOS applicants...