which english course is better to put on a secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scarfscarfscarf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
for a school's english requirement, i'm deciding between two courses for the english requirement. one is a philosophy course with a higher grade and the other is an english course with a lower grade. the school indicated that they would take other non-english courses along as students provided a letter from the college indicating proof that the non-english course met their writing requirements. i'd like to put the higher grade course down, but is there any disadavantage at trying to bend their rules when other applicants would have followed them exactly?

Members don't see this ad.

What are the grades in question?

for a school's english requirement, i'm deciding between two courses for the english requirement. one is a philosophy course with a higher grade and the other is an english course with a lower grade. the school indicated that they would take other non-english courses along as students provided a letter from the college indicating proof that the non-english course met their writing requirements. i'd like to put the higher grade course down, but is there any disadavantage at trying to bend their rules when other applicants would have followed them exactly?

Does it really matter? They have all of your grades from AMCAS. So it's not like you can hide the lower grade.

Members don't see this ad :)
They don't care what grade you got in the class, just that it fills their explicit requirements.