Which is a good pharmacotherapy handbook?

Started by apharmx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

apharmx

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

Which is a good pharmacotherapy handbook that I can carry around? I'm looking for a handbook that has the latest guidelines in respect to the common disease states. Is the pharmacotherapy book by Wells any good? Thanks.
 
Both DiPiro (above) and Koda-Kimble (Applied Pharmacotherapy Handbook, which should have a new edition coming out) have good handbooks, it's a matter of preference.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Man up. Koda-Kimble is better.

Sometimes I think I should change my signature to "PVBSM". Smack all you want, virtual bitch-slaps don't hurt, I refuse to stop being nice 🙂.
 
Handbook of Applied Therapeutics has tons of charts, but the pharmacotherapy handbook has more pathophys info. you should go flip through both at the bookstore. and fyi, dipiro and co. just released a new edition of their handbook.