Which is better?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JonKim

Reaction score
I have a computer with Linux,i want to switch to Windows OS.Windows 7 and Windows 10 are recommended at most,and i am at loss,Which is more good for student?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a computer with Linux,i want to switch to Windows OS.Windows 7 and Windows 10 are recommended at most,and i am at loss,Which is more good for student?
Windows 10 is newer and supports newer features that students may find more useful.

I have to ask - your first post on a forum about students trying to be doctors is about what OS you should get. Why? There are plenty of tech forums to ask this. I recommend you head over to Linus Tech Tips (LTT) to ask and read about all your technological needs.

like a new os or just pc?? Whatever the case, windows 10 works pretty well and I imagine is easier to get than windows 7.

Members don't see this ad :)
Windows 10 is newer and supports newer features that students may find more useful.

I have to ask - your first post on a forum about students trying to be doctors is about what OS you should get. Why? There are plenty of tech forums to ask this. I recommend you head over to Linus Tech Tips (LTT) to ask and read about all your technological needs.

Thank you so much.I am working hard to become a good doctor, but now this problem is what I need to solve,if becoming a good doctor can be solved as a problem in this forum, if so that i don't think I need to work hard.

like a new os or just pc?? Whatever the case, windows 10 works pretty well and I imagine is easier to get than windows 7.
Just pc,i usually use it for personal use,for my study.
For Windows 10,how can i get it?I know there are some Windows 10 installation/download links on the Internet, Are they secure?

Your best bet is downloading a virtual machine to your linux OS. You can find them for free and that way you can have access to windows features at no additional cost. You can also pick between Windows 7/10 it is very flexible. The only downside is that if you are doing something very resource intensive then it isn't great because your CPU and RAM is running two separate OS's, which for common use isn't a problem.

Hope this helps.

If you’re buying a new pc or laptop it comes with windows 10 installed.

Your best bet is downloading a virtual machine to your linux OS. You can find them for free and that way you can have access to windows features at no additional cost. You can also pick between Windows 7/10 it is very flexible. The only downside is that if you are doing something very resource intensive then it isn't great because your CPU and RAM is running two separate OS's, which for common use isn't a problem.

Hope this helps.
So good.Thank you.I was going to uninstall the Linux and install a new Windows 10 on my computer.I wonder if that is possible?

If you’re buying a new pc or laptop it comes with windows 10 installed.
I bought this computer for 2 years ago.I don't want to buy any more,and my money doesn't allow me to be so extravagant.
Note,i have solve my problem,i used a Windows 10 installation media to install it on my computer,it is working right now;)
And i also got it.

Last edited: