which is better

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crumbelievable

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
postbacc from my undergrad (nyu, where my advisor is arguably the world's most vicous college employee) or a local place (ie., manhattanville)? i have a 2.7 bcpm, 2.6 cum, 27n on mcats . . .

Members don't see this ad.

Who's your advisor? I think mine would like to compete.

Any four-year, post-secondary institution will do just fine, as long as you can be happy there and like how things are set up. I'm sure name recognition matters some, but it's more important that you can do well and not be completely miserable.

Members don't see this ad :)
why not do SUNY Purchase? It's much cheaper than Manhattanville, and they prep you very well for the MCAT...

i looked at suny purchase, especially after reading on a thread that they are down the street from manhattanville but are a whole lot cheaper. . . but they say their cut-off for applicants to the postbacc is 3.0 . . .

i looked at suny purchase, especially after reading on a thread that they are down the street from manhattanville but are a whole lot cheaper. . . but they say their cut-off for applicants to the postbacc is 3.0 . . .

Why not simply "design your own" post-bacc at SUNY Purchase by enrolling as a non-degree student and taking upper-level undergraduate bio classes? That is what many students (myself included) have done...

I don't know if that changed or not, but I started post-bac there with a 2.75. I ended up getting a second degree, and found them to be really great at giving you the basic science you need. I would try to give Dr. Joanne Tillotson a call, or the Natural Sciences office. PM me if you need more information. Good luck whatever you decide.

Why not simply "design your own" post-bacc at SUNY Purchase by enrolling as a non-degree student and taking upper-level undergraduate bio classes? That is what many students (myself included) have done...

You went to Purchase too? :D