crumbelievable

10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
postbacc from my undergrad (nyu, where my advisor is arguably the world's most vicous college employee) or a local place (ie., manhattanville)? i have a 2.7 bcpm, 2.6 cum, 27n on mcats . . .

spicedmanna

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2006
Somewhere over the rainbow
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Any four-year, post-secondary institution will do just fine, as long as you can be happy there and like how things are set up. I'm sure name recognition matters some, but it's more important that you can do well and not be completely miserable.

About the Ads

crumbelievable

10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
i looked at suny purchase, especially after reading on a thread that they are down the street from manhattanville but are a whole lot cheaper. . . but they say their cut-off for applicants to the postbacc is 3.0 . . .

BellyDancingDoc

Rump Shaker
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
i looked at suny purchase, especially after reading on a thread that they are down the street from manhattanville but are a whole lot cheaper. . . but they say their cut-off for applicants to the postbacc is 3.0 . . .

Why not simply "design your own" post-bacc at SUNY Purchase by enrolling as a non-degree student and taking upper-level undergraduate bio classes? That is what many students (myself included) have done...

notgettingin

10+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2006
New York
Status (Visible)
I don't know if that changed or not, but I started post-bac there with a 2.75. I ended up getting a second degree, and found them to be really great at giving you the basic science you need. I would try to give Dr. Joanne Tillotson a call, or the Natural Sciences office. PM me if you need more information. Good luck whatever you decide.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.