Which is the best Carribean School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msd848

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
f

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard that Antigua, St. George, Ross, AUA are the only Carribean schools that are accreddited for in the USA and worth applying to. Can anybody rate these on which one is the best?

Also, how do I apply to these schools? Do I do it through AMCAS?

Moving to the Caribbean board, where more similarly situated people can give you better advice. FWIW you probably should learn to spell Caribbean before you go there. Good luck.

Moving to the Caribbean board, where more similarly situated people can give you better advice. FWIW you probably should learn to spell Caribbean before you go there. Good luck.

Your passive-aggressiveness is palpable (and appreciated).

I have heard that Antigua, St. George, Ross, AUA are the only Carribean schools that are accreddited for in the USA and worth applying to. Can anybody rate these on which one is the best?

Also, how do I apply to these schools? Do I do it through AMCAS?

Most people talk of either a big three (SGU, Ross, AUC) or a big four (SGU, Ross, AUC, and SABA).

From what i heard if i had to order them i would do: SGU > Ross > AUC > SABA
I am no expert though, so don't take my rankings seriously at all. Its just what ive heard from a few family members who go there, people on here, and the admissions statistics of the schools.

I don't know much about AUA.

And you apply to these school's individually (there is no centralized system like AMCAS or ACOMAS)

Most people talk of either a big three (SGU, Ross, AUC) or a big four (SGU, Ross, AUC, and SABA).

From what i heard if i had to order them i would do: SGU > Ross > AUC > SABA
I am no expert though, so don't take my rankings seriously at all. Its just what ive heard from a few family members who go there, people on here, and the admissions statistics of the schools.

I don't know much about AUA.

And you apply to these school's individually (there is no centralized system like AMCAS or ACOMAS)

Exactly, but the first three are a little bit better than SABA in that they offer stafford loans, but either way those four are the only Carib schools that have approval in all 50 states

When it comes to all caribbean schools, it depends on the applicant. Knoe in advance that not all residency selection programs look at fmgs as equal to US grads, but many don't care. It all depends on where you want to practice. The Big 3 are big because they let you practice in all 50 states and have been around long enough to have a legacy of graduates to show off the school's name. SGU>>> AUC>>Ross> Saba. I would stop here if you care about states liek Florida, Cali, Texas, etc. AUA is a good school for the furute, but is too new to be deemed a top school yet. I ranked Ross behind AUC becasue AUC has a nicer island and Ross has some issues with scheduling year 3 & 4 rotations (Big problem because it could affect when you graduate)jmo

Doesn't SABA have a very good USMLE pass rate and good residency placements vs. the other Caribbean schools (i.e. on par with St. George and probably better than the rest of the Caribbean schools)?. I'm curious about why some people seem to think that Ross and AUC are "better". To me, the smaller class size plus looking at their match list and board pass rate makes that school look much better than Ross/AUC.

Doesn't SABA have a very good USMLE pass rate and good residency placements vs. the other Caribbean schools (i.e. on par with St. George and probably better than the rest of the Caribbean schools)?. I'm curious about why some people seem to think that Ross and AUC are "better". To me, the smaller class size plus looking at their match list and board pass rate makes that school look much better than Ross/AUC.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think Saba does not require the MCAT unless you have taken the pre-reqs at a community college. I can't take any college too serious that does not have a mcat policy. Some people say that AUC does not require the mcat. I dont' know if this is true. I know Ross and SGU have mcat requirements.

Actually Johns Hopkins did not require the MCAT until a few years ago...but I see your point in general.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually Johns Hopkins did not require the MCAT until a few years ago...but I see your point in general.

Yeah and McMaster in Canada has no prerequisites or minimum requirements and no MCAT for medical school. Guess what? Yeah, they have some of the highest stats (GPA and MCAT) for an entering class in Canada. Go figure.

The point is that Saba has issues with the relatively short history (14-15 years or so which causes issues with a couple states). Whereas SGU, Ross and AUC have 30+ years of history.

saba PREFERS mcats, but not required

all carib schools state mcats required, but exceptions may be made rarely at all big 3. although it was easy no mcats 10 yrs ago, it gets much more rare every yr

auc wouldnt look at me without mcat, but ross and sgu let me in w/o it.

after studying in carib, i believe the previous notion of ranking the big 3 is pretty futile. they are equal when u balance all pros and cons. u need to see details of each and see whats best for you personally.

i was previously under impression saba wasnt being approved, but i just checked and its good to go in all 50, which makes me wanna say big 4 are all equal. once u can do residency in all 50 states, i mean, the only people that seem to rank carib schools in such detail are carib students. ur either a US student, a BIG FOUR student, or "other". ur limitations within each of those groups are 99% similar, breaking down further doesn't help much

Yeah and McMaster in Canada has no prerequisites or minimum requirements and no MCAT for medical school. Guess what? Yeah, they have some of the highest stats (GPA and MCAT) for an entering class in Canada. Go figure.

The point is that Saba has issues with the relatively short history (14-15 years or so which causes issues with a couple states). Whereas SGU, Ross and AUC have 30+ years of history.

Guess who else no longer requires the MCAT.. McGill.

I know someone at SABA with an MCAT score of 16. Nuff Said!

Ugh! This thread is starting to sound like the Harvard vs Hopkins vs Columbia threads!

In the real world NO ONE cares.

I know someone at SABA with an MCAT score of 16. Nuff Said!

I am/was CDN and went to the Carib, my MCAT was 36S. My USMLE's were >240's. What is the point. There are mistakes made in the admission process...

I should have re-applied. My friend got into the CDN medschool on his 3rd atttempt, (3yrs) his MCAT was 30Q. He will be finished medschool, when I'm finished my residency. He also ****s all over my medical school and me and thinks that AID's was put on earth to get rid of hemosexuals...

Also, I didn't have the $$ his parents had to go travel around the world and boost up my application. I had to work during undergrad and was tired of working that crappy/server, sexual harassment job, although the money was good... My point? Let's not be so quick to judge...everyone has different scenario's in life folks...

I thought physicians were supposed to be accepting, isn't that taught in Ethics? If you can't treat a pt, you say: "I'm sorry our relationship isn't working out." Try that on for size folks; "I'm sorry Carib Grad, our relationship is not working out b/c of where you went to medschool" & let's move on...At the end of the day we all treat the patient...

Life is short, don't compare yourself to others. Focus on yourself/your family/your life/your country.

The school you go to is not the issue, it is how good a student you are.
It really depends on how well you study and score on the USMLE. While it is important to get good rotations to network with the right people for residency, it is more important to kill the boards.

Having said this, your performance in rotations and interpersonal skills can go a long way. I know a guy with a great personality, who is very charming that got pretty mediocre scores on the boards and went to one of the worst Caribbean medical schools (spartan) who is now doing a residency in radiology.

The big 4 schools will give you the best opportunity to do well in residency acquistion but in the end it is all about you!

Good luck.

The school you go to is not the issue, it is how good a student you are.

Yes and no.

It really depends on how well you study and score on the USMLE. While it is important to get good rotations to network with the right people for residency, it is more important to kill the boards.

Yes and no.

Having said this, your performance in rotations and interpersonal skills can go a long way. I know a guy with a great personality, who is very charming that got pretty mediocre scores on the boards and went to one of the worst Caribbean medical schools (spartan) who is now doing a residency in radiology.

The big 4 schools will give you the best opportunity to do well in residency acquistion but in the end it is all about you!

Good luck.

Yes and no.

You have to understand this, and you won't until you're through school, have completed residency, and understand this as a function of the last 7-11 (or more) years of medical training, including school, that you've now accumulated under your belt: doctors are notorious non-risk takers.

What does that mean for you?

They want a track record. They want data. They want to see pudding that's already been proven.

So, yes, scores matter. It proves you know how to take and pass tests, which means that you're going to be less likely to fail their board-certification tests when it comes time.

Yes, school matters. It shows that you were competitive enough to get into a top notch school, and usually that school has a track record of churning out good grads.

Yes, who you are as a person matters. If you show up for interviews and are well-groomed, smell nice, smile, and generally demonstrate a pleasant attitude, those people are going to be comfortable letting you represent their institution and be around their patients, something that is important not only to them but to the public at large.

Having said that, there are really only a handful of Caribbean schools that have been around long enough to have established that track record. So, as I've always said, caveat emptor when it comes to choosing one. The rest, for the most part, is up to you. Your only other job is to be as low-risk as possible.

-Skip

There is no best caribbean school. There are 4 schools which seem to have greater recognition and acceptance, SGU, ROSS, AUC, and SABA. (that's not an order of best to worst)
Theoretically any school which allows you to sit for the USMLE and obtain the ECFMG certification can lead to residency and practice in the US.
The best recommendation is stick to the big 4. Avoid all others. I don't think any of the individual schools of the carib 4 has any real advantage over the others. SGU students think they attend the Harvard of the Caribbean, and they pay a little extra for the "prestige" of going to SGU.

My recommendation to any one considering the caribbean for med school is to go down there and visit the schools. Keep an open mind.

I went to AUC in Montserrat. Absolutely loved it. My first impression of the island was not great, but I quickly learned to love it, and wish I was there now.

Again, there is no best caribbean school. Compare price, location, and go island hopping. Once you get to St. Marten you can hop over to SABA, down to Dominica, etc.

There is no best caribbean school. There are 4 schools which seem to have greater recognition and acceptance, SGU, ROSS, AUC, and SABA. (that's not an order of best to worst)
Theoretically any school which allows you to sit for the USMLE and obtain the ECFMG certification can lead to residency and practice in the US.
The best recommendation is stick to the big 4. Avoid all others. I don't think any of the individual schools of the carib 4 has any real advantage over the others. SGU students think they attend the Harvard of the Caribbean, and they pay a little extra for the "prestige" of going to SGU.

My recommendation to any one considering the caribbean for med school is to go down there and visit the schools. Keep an open mind.

I went to AUC in Montserrat. Absolutely loved it. My first impression of the island was not great, but I quickly learned to love it, and wish I was there now.

Again, there is no best caribbean school. Compare price, location, and go island hopping. Once you get to St. Marten you can hop over to SABA, down to Dominica, etc.

I slightly disagree. SGU students don't pay more just for the name or prestige. We pay more because we have guaranteed green booked core rotations, 3rd year rotations are scheduled for us and we don't have to call around to set things up. Core rotations are done back to back with no loss of a week or more between rotations. we have free tutoring and multiple weekly review sessions and other support services for those in need of more academic guidance. Over 95% of the class does all their core rotations at 1 hospital instead of having to move around cross country every couple of months. We also have the most number of clinical spots in New York City (out of carib schools), thus those that want to do rotations in NYC and live there for a couple of years will have to go to SGU for the best chance of getting clinical rotations there. Not to mention that we're the oldest caribbean med school that caters to US citizens. Some people don't want those extra perks and thus don't go to SGU, but I think the extra fee is well worth it.

The University of the West Indies is the best university in the caribbean. With main campuses in Jamaica (UWI Mona Campus), Trinidad (UWI St. Augustine's Campus) and Barbados (UWI Cave Hill Campus), and affilations from the University of London and many exchange programs with U.S. students...This is a top notch instiution. It should never be confused with other "caribbean med schools". It is a very tough school to get into. Each school is known for something. UWI St Augustines is known because it is the only Dental School in the english speaking Caribbean. UWI Mona is known for its medicine, and UWI Cave Hill for its Law.

The University of the West Indies is the best university in the caribbean. With main campuses in Jamaica (UWI Mona Campus), Trinidad (UWI St. Augustine's Campus) and Barbados (UWI Cave Hill Campus), and affilations from the University of London and many exchange programs with U.S. students...This is a top notch instiution. It should never be confused with other "caribbean med schools". It is a very tough school to get into. Each school is known for something. UWI St Augustines is known because it is the only Dental School in the english speaking Caribbean. UWI Mona is known for its medicine, and UWI Cave Hill for its Law.

With utmost respect, I strongly disagree. This is an example of why you need to do your own research OP and get your facts together. It is the top 4 (in no particular order, cuz I really don't care): AUC, Saba, SGU, Ross. I attend one of these 4 schools and have 23 IV's. I applied to double that number roughly, 50% ain't that bad.

With utmost respect, I strongly disagree. This is an example of why you need to do your own research OP and get your facts together. It is the top 4 (in no particular order, cuz I really don't care): AUC, Saba, SGU, Ross. I attend one of these 4 schools and have 23 IV's. I applied to double that number roughly, 50% ain't that bad.

Honestly, I think she is talking about Caribbean schools for Caribbean natives or if one would like to practice in the Caribbean. Then again, I think it is fairly obvious that the OP is not asking for this but I believe that is what she was saying.

I could be wrong though.

I was answering the question for people from the Caribbean who do not need to go back to the U.S. to practice medicine.. What you said about AUC and Ross is correct, however if you wanted to practice medicine in the U.K or stay in the Caribbean.. UWI is the best choice. I am in no way bashing you,your opinions or any other university. Because you are correct in that aspect. However less than 2% of U.S. applicants are admitted because of caribbean residency preferences, and the fact that little U.S. med students want to practice elsewhere than the U.S.

Honestly, I think she is talking about Caribbean schools for Caribbean natives or if one would like to practice in the Caribbean. Then again, I think it is fairly obvious that the OP is not asking for this but I believe that is what she was saying.

I could be wrong though.
Yea u r right.. I thought i should just add my 2 cents just to broaden the thread (i assume the question referring to U.S. citizens was answered already)

I could be wrong though.

No, I think you're right. I realized that as well, that's why I was saying one needs to do their own research or facts can get misconstrued as the original question was referring to US citizens and not Caribes :)

I was answering the question for people from the Caribbean who do not need to go back to the U.S. to practice medicine.. What you said about AUC and Ross is correct, however if you wanted to practice medicine in the U.K or stay in the Caribbean.. UWI is the best choice. I am in no way bashing you,your opinions or any other university. Because you are correct in that aspect. However less than 2% of U.S. applicants are admitted because of caribbean residency preferences, and the fact that little U.S. med students want to practice elsewhere than the U.S.
Yep, thanks DMD chica. I appreciate your input and I'm glad to know this peice of new info :)

Univ west indies is for Caribbean citizens. the others are for international students.

I really doubt that UWI is better than SGU.

Your performance as a student will be the same on all three islands. :thumbup: I would choose either St George or Ross. I guess it would come down to expenses. I am assuming that bother offer the same quality of education.

The general consensus seems to remain the same throughout the threads...go SGU or Ross; only do AUC or SABA if the 1st two don't work out.

I think that if a person can't get into Ross then they should really question their capacity and capability to be even an average doctor (barring any extraordinary circumstances of course).

Different strokes for different folks. All four are approved in all 50 states. Score well on the USMLE at any of the four and you should get where you want to go (provided you have realistic expecations)

This is what I gathered when I was considering all 4
SGU
Pros: Best clinical situation right now, good reputation and 30 year history, good support system
Cons: expensive, 2nd best island, class size is getting larger every year

Ross
Pros: long history and reputation, less expensive than SGU
Cons: shaky clinical situation, 3rd best island, higher attrition

AUC
Pros: best island, I liked their admissions staff, 3rd best reputation and history IMO
Cons: best island (from my undergrad experience I was wary of some of the distractions), conflicting reports about clinicals

SABA
Pros: good statistics, small class sizes, cheap (1/3 of price of SGU)
Cons: loan situation, worst island, unsure about clinicals, relatively new

I ended up choosing SGU and while we have our issues here I'm pretty satisfied with my decision. I ended up choosing SGU because it looked like it has the most stable clinical situation right now. Everybody has their own reasons whether it be financial or other preferences. For instance for me I didn't want an island with a casino or other touristy things to distract me because I don't trust myself (2 of my friend chose AUC and love it).

Again...one person's opinion. If you can't do your own research to pick a medical school then it is unlikely you're going to make it through IMO. All of these factors are constantly changing and keep in mind everything you hear is hearsay. Nobody has been to more than one of these schools and everybody does try to sugarcoat their own school to make themselves look better

Big decisions....good luck!!

Ok so I know I already posted once in this thread but I have been looking into the Caribbean schools for a "just in a ****ed up case" a lot more recently and I can really only see one reason not to pick SGU over the rest and that is money. Does 40K (or so) really end up making a big enough difference to gamble your education on?

SGU wins hands down every other category from my own personal research. Again, only my opinion.

Ok so I know I already posted once in this thread but I have been looking into the Caribbean schools for a "just in a ****ed up case" a lot more recently and I can really only see one reason not to pick SGU over the rest and that is money. Does 40K (or so) really end up making a big enough difference to gamble your education on?

SGU wins hands down every other category from my own personal research. Again, only my opinion.

Actually with living and travel expenses, you could be looking at anywhere between 230/240-270K. SGU does have a number of scholarships both academics/need based though which do ease up the total cost to an extent.

Maybe I wasn't clear in my reply. I was just stating that one would pay 40k (approximately) more to go to SGU than say AUC but that the guarantees that money provides can be priceless.

http://www.aucmed.edu/prospective/tuition-fees.html
http://www.sgu.edu/financial-services/som-tuition.html

Using these figures, SGU figures out to be 50k more. Again, I am only talking about tuition. I am not a student at either of these schools so I don't know much about housing and incidental fees.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Different strokes for different folks. All four are approved in all 50 states. Score well on the USMLE at any of the four and you should get where you want to go (provided you have realistic expecations)

Big decisions....good luck!!

Are you sure about that? I thought that AUC and SABA were only good for a handful of states, or at least that most states require extra hoops to jump through before they'll allow you to practice there.

I know that the U.S. had sent some type of delegation down to scrutinize the curricula of a dozen or so carib schools and that ross and sgu were the only two that were recognized as 'on par' with the U.S.

As always, I could be mistaken.

Are you sure about that? I thought that AUC and SABA were only good for a handful of states, or at least that most states require extra hoops to jump through before they'll allow you to practice there.

I know that the U.S. had sent some type of delegation down to scrutinize the curricula of a dozen or so carib schools and that ross and sgu were the only two that were recognized as 'on par' with the U.S.

As always, I could be mistaken.

sorry but you're mistaken. that's the only reason why the top 4 are the top 4, is because they're approved in all 50 states.

"State Approvals/Licensure

New York, California, Texas and Florida require institutional review and approval, or licensure, prior to the conduct of clinical clerkships. Approval by the Medical Board of California is also necessary for physician licensure in that state. Many other states defer to California's approval for the purpose of licensure because most do not have their own approval process. In the case of New York, only graduates of medical schools approved by the state of New York may obtain a residency in that state. As it happens, one third of residency programs in the United States are conducted in New York.
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine is approved by the Medical Board of California, the Texas Medical Board and the New York State Board for Medicine. Additionally, AUC is fully licensed by the Florida Department of Education's Commission for Independent Education."

I could only find a handful of states for AUC.....I might be overlooking something I guess.

Ugh! This thread is starting to sound like the Harvard vs Hopkins vs Columbia threads!

In the real world NO ONE cares.

In the real world, any Caribbean school < DO < a respected US MD program < an elite one like Harvard or Hopkins. Stop the infighting, and instead work together to prove that despite your unwillingness to improve your application before rushing to get into med school, you've grown enough since then to be decent physicians.

Nice post.

The island hopping sounds good. :) I'd do this in a heartbeat, believe it or not, just to be there, though I know it's not party-pleasure time. It's just if you've got to hit the books hard, I say these are some good places to be hitting them. As I posted elsewhere, you have to come up from the books for air some time.

The other reason I'd go there is that I'm sure in my situation, I could enter into a medical degree and save a year that may be necessary here playing the "get into med school" game. I know they have their numbers of applicants and reasons; but really the whole thing about casting your net wide in applications and interviews. . .well. . .I think I wouldn't mind living without it. I do well on interviews and have had my share in my profession. But it's mostly a game nontheless.

I'm non-trad, so, a year sooner is good. Especially in this highly ageistic society. Looking younger helps, but people still look at the numbers. This is what sucks about being over say 27 and having to write in all the numbers. You can look like a baby, but numbers over 27 or 30 are going to put some folks off, period. Whatever to that too.

The thing that is most problematic to me with the Caribbean deal is the overall costs of doing say SGU. Upon calculation, it ultimately came out as more expensive than US med schools. Plus my spouse would have problems with me spending a couple of years down there, even with the breaks. So between costs and spousal/family realities, it isn't practical.

Other than that, I'd say screw whatever idiotic stigma there "may" be in RL. (I don't really think this is a huge deal post graduation/residency. . .seriously.) So I'd gear up for island time--well, at least between beating the books. :cool:

Alas, I can merely fantasize about it. :love:

Last edited:
"State Approvals/Licensure

New York, California, Texas and Florida require institutional review and approval, or licensure, prior to the conduct of clinical clerkships. Approval by the Medical Board of California is also necessary for physician licensure in that state. Many other states defer to California's approval for the purpose of licensure because most do not have their own approval process. In the case of New York, only graduates of medical schools approved by the state of New York may obtain a residency in that state. As it happens, one third of residency programs in the United States are conducted in New York.
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine is approved by the Medical Board of California, the Texas Medical Board and the New York State Board for Medicine. Additionally, AUC is fully licensed by the Florida Department of Education's Commission for Independent Education."

I could only find a handful of states for AUC.....I might be overlooking something I guess.

AUC graduates can practice in all 50 states. There are some states with even more stringent regulations and they are the ones you listed. Pretty much if the school is approved by California it will be approved by the other 49.

Nice post.

The island hopping sounds good. :) I'd do this in a heartbeat, believe it or not, just to be there, though I know it's not party-pleasure time. It's just if you've got to hit the books hard, I say these are some good places to be hitting them. As I posted elsewhere, you have to come up from the books for air some time.

The other reason I'd go there is that I'm sure in my situation, I could enter into a medical degree and save a year that may be necessary here playing the "get into med school" game. I know they have their numbers of applicants and reasons; but really the whole thing about casting your net wide in applications and interviews. . .well. . .I think I wouldn't mind living without it. I do well on interviews and have had my share in my profession. But it's mostly a game nontheless.

I'm non-trad, so, a year sooner is good. Especially in this highly ageistic society. Looking younger helps, but people still look at the numbers. This is what sucks about being over say 27 and having to write in all the numbers. You can look like a baby, but numbers over 27 or 30 are going to put some folks off, period. Whatever to that too.

The thing that is most problematic to me with the Caribbean deal is the overall costs of doing say SGU. Upon calculation, it ultimately came out as more expensive than US med schools. Plus my spouse would have problems with me spending a couple of years down there, even with the breaks. So between costs and spousal/family realities, it isn't practical.

Other than that, I'd say screw whatever idiotic stigma there "may" be in RL. (I don't really think this is a huge deal post graduation/residency. . .seriously.) So I'd gear up for island time--well, at least between beating the books. :cool:

Alas, I can merely fantasize about it. :love:
You have to make your fantasies reality. Going Carib is a big step that many people are unwilling to make.
I advise you to go to SABA. It is a bargain compared to the other schools. If it is finacially feasible to go it is definitely the best deal.
SGU students have the same stigma and pay much more for their educations. All of the big4 are good and all have issues.
The key is to go and make the best of it. DO WELL. STUDY HARD.
I think the atmosphere of SABA is ideal.
I've never bee there, but I know they are a small island with few distractions. I studie on Montserrat which also was an island with few distractions. No casinos, nude beaches, McDonalds, etc.
There was, however, an environment conducive to study.
There were nice beaches for fun, funky local restaurants, nice citizens, and many, many great memories. I suspect SABA is the same.
If you have to have Burger King and McDonalds and other reminders of the USA, then don't go there. Go to AUC. If you think that having SGU on your diploma is worth $400,000, the go there. I don't really recommend ROSS.
The spouse is not an issue. Take him or her along. I would love to accompany my wife to SABA and take a mountain bike, hang out, cook, snorkle, get toknow the locals, and basically chill for 2 years.
Good luck in your future.

Is Spartan really one of the worst schools?

Thanks

carib students tend to be little narrow minded, they go to these little islands and never exlpore anything, and cant wait to come back to the little town they left and do every break there and do ther utmost best to get a hospital near there for 3rd yr and every single student is just obsessed with getting back to not only thier STATE, but trying to even sometimes get back to the SAME COUNTY or even same city and STREET

so understandably, when they think of medical schools of the world, they only know ross, sgu, and auc, which makes sense, cus only 1-5 usa students are accepted each year into UWI

its so famous its even pronounced (uwhee) in the public, it IS IN FACT THE TOP MEDICAL SCHOOL OF THE CARIB and in the world
royal college of physicians
oxford
2 schools in germany
UWI
that wierd one in sweden
and AIMS in india
along with mayo and hopkins, are the medical epicenters of the world

the 4 tiny little island schools where us citizens happen to flock to 3 times a year are specks in the grand scheme.

do not post and talk down to posters stating facts when you have no idea what your talking about

AUC graduates can practice in all 50 states. There are some states with even more stringent regulations and they are the ones you listed. Pretty much if the school is approved by California it will be approved by the other 49.

other 48

texas does its own thing, with a word doc list available on its website

gets kind of detailed, if ur on the list, u r not guaranteed anything, it just means u have the right to APPLY to texas without a stringent review process, just a normal super review process. if ur schools not on the list, u get the whole HnP, dre and all

this was what the website said circa 2009 anyway

You are absolutely right about the other schools, rishi, but why on earth go on and bash all Carib students as narrow-minded. You are the one narrow-minded if you characterize an entire population of students as inferior because of what one person says. Furthermore, that poster was responding on an assumption that the OP was asking generally about schools for north americans. And on top of that, why on earth are you responding to a post from over a year ago when the two posters in question both ended up agreeing with each other. There was no argument.