Which is your top choice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MorningLight210

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Just out of curiosity, and for fun's sake, which school to which you're applying is your top choice?

If this were a perfect world, and if I was a perfect applicant (the latter is certainly NOT true), I'd LOVE to attend Cornell. Although as it stands, if I'm accepted anywhere I'll be ecstatic.

Any other thoughts?

:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi.
My realistic top choice is OSU (though some say its tougher to get into than CWRU).

My dream would be either Michigan or Harvard, both of which I applied to, and havent heard from.....yet.

I'll prolly go to school in Ohio, but I'd LOVE to go to school in NYC.

Members don't see this ad :)
UCLA here too! Go Bruins! (Sounds so much better than "go anteaters!")

upenn or baylor, but i really don't have a chance at either one. but it would be sweet to get an interview at either one. :(

Anywhere in California!

Me too, anywhere in CA.

dreams schools are a reality. my friend's dream school was UCLA and that was the only California school he eventually got in. he's still in awe of actually being a UCLA med student. he realizes he was very lucky comming from a little known state school. he was surprised to find lots of students in his class that attended the big name schools like Harvard, Princeton, Michigan, Yale, Johns Hopkins etc. the instaters have awesome applications and high stats. i would love to go to UCLA or for that matter any UC, but gaining admission is extraordinary difficult even with competitive stats. you have to be "special" and that's for the admissions people to decide if you're special or not.

I'm kind of torn. U. of Washington, my de facto state school, would save me mucho dinero, but I'd love to go to Johns Hopkins. I could also be very happy at OHSU or Vermont.

A medical school.

No, seriously, maybe SUNY-stony brook.

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Minnesota (my state school)
or University of Vermont

Yale has to be mine. The thesis is an awesome opportunity. Other than that, Harvard HST and JHU are up there as well.

The Univeristy of Toronto

I would just like to get into any ONE of the 26 medical schools I applied to at this point. Is that too much to ask? :D

OHSU is tops for me!

1. UAB
2. UAB and
3. UAB

Of course, I would be more than happy to attend any of the fifteen I applied to!

:) :) :)

CA school (UCSF on top)
Michigan

Yale is tops for me.

pendulum, my top choice is UAB also. where are you doing your undergrad?

Michigan State University.
It's tough to find a better, more patient-oriented place for primary care...in my opinion at least :D

My money is on SIU.

I really don't know. Before all this application rigamarole I probably would have said Washington University, but Vanderbilt is my first interview, and if I get in there, I think I'll withdraw my app almost everywhere else. I would also be ecstatic to get into GWU, SLU, or Case.

Wash U or U penn for me ... although I'd be more then happy to stay in calif. too. :)

Yale all the way! T'would be a dream come true.

Mayo. Great city, great school, great financial aid.

pendulum and kevo, my top choice is prob instate school uab also. but like anyone else, i picked 10 schools that I would LOVE to go to. nice cities, good opportunities at each one. i just sent my secondary and pick of to UAB's, it is the only school that i'm applying that made me send in a jpeg photo of passport size. I don't mind though, got tons of them laying around.

EVERY (well, almost) school I'm applying to wants a pic! Most annoying.

UCSF
Any UC School
Dartmouth
Vertmont

Any school will do if I get down to this level!

UCSF or Stanford
awesome schools, can't beat the location!

Originally posted by ewells:
•Mayo. Great city, great school, great financial aid.•

Oh, how could I forget Mayo? Add it to my list of top picks!! :)

But the bottom of my bottom picks would be fine too. Anywhere, please, so I don't have to deal with AMCAS again.......

UCSF. Great school, great location, and relatively inexpensive.

NE University!

Stanford! Still waiting to hear from them...

DukeGirlie ;)

harvard! yeah! going to harvard would be a dream come true

Univeristy of South Florida
-In state tuition ($12,000)
-Lots of women
-mons venus

I think that's only one person who said HARVARD! haha..med skool fool...
Why does everyone think that?
Are they just trying to be more realistic in their choice or is there some hatred for harvard???
I personally could not see myself at harvard...so it's not my top choice...but who knows...

Harvard is my dream. Realistically I am shooting for any school->international applicant.

Through the grapevine:

Yale advantages -- very happy students, you have to actually work hard to fail.

Disadvantages -- you'll go stir-crazy going to class with your classmates, eating with your classmates, going out with your classmates, sleeping with.. er, in the same dorm as your classmates... the med school's located sort of a distance from campus so you don't really see a lot of the law school or other grad school students too much.

The University of Iowa :)

Hey Harvard HST or Yale will be a dream come true. However if I get into one of 17 to which I applied, some party is going to get torn up baby! ;)