Which LOR Should I Use?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopeful25678

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I asked a few people for LOR's and the ones I have narrowed it down to, are all very strong. Help me decide which I should use!

Academic:
-Ochem Professor
-Sociology of Health Professor
-Calculus Professor
-Biochemistry Professor

EC:
-ER Doctor I scribe for
-Neurologist I do research for
-Urologist I do research for
-Program manager I do research for
-Community Outreach Director for where I do art therapy

Let me know your thoughts.

P.S. I do research at a multidisciplinary clinic that deals with a neurodegenerative disease so I interact with many different specialties.

Members don't see this ad.

can the program manager write a good letter that will encompass all your activities at the clinic? can they do a single letter with co signer from one or two of the docs? who do you work for the most or knows you the best?

get the 4 academic letters and 1 of the others

That's a great idea about co-signing a letter! The program manager wrote me a really nice letter(which is who I work with the most), but the Neurologist's letter was more than I could ask for. She essentially wrote that I was one of the best pre-meds she has ever worked with. What do you think?

Virtually every doctor that a student just shadows says the same thing. So you have to show that this was a research position and not simply a shadow. If the letter establishes that, then a letter from the program manager and the neuro, both as research, would be okay. Though a combined letter, if constructed well, would be great

Thanks for the input! Would you by any chance know how I could ask them to do a combined letter? Should I just email and ask if they would be willing to collaborate on a letter for me?