Which LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RunMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
UIC and some other schools state that they want 3 letters from professors you've studied under. I have two science letters which I will submit, but should me 3rd letter be one from a community health class (TA wrote letter and the instructor was a grad student) or a letter from my research work (signed by both the grad student and professor)? Does a research letter count under "a profesor you have studied under?" And would sending the community health letter make me seem more well rounded since it is not a science letter?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

anyone....?

RunMD said:
anyone....?

Well, I see it this way. Three letters is their MINIMUM requirement. Usually schools allow up to five. So, why not send BOTH letters if you think that they are equally praising of your work and your readiness for medical school. In my humble opinion, a good letter of reference is a good letter of reference. Med Schools just want to know that the person who is recommending you has had enough time to get to know you well enough to give you a proper evaluation. That's my $.02