Which of these classes are the most important to take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

philliphaha

Hey guys,

I just graduated with a B.S. in Biochemistry. I'm applying for the upcoming 2014-2015 cycle, but in the meantime, I'll be taking some summer classes at UCR. I'm still deciding on what classes I should take though.

Class list:
Fundamentals of Cell Bio
Human Neuroanatomy
Systems Neuroscience
Molecular Biology
Human Embryology
Stem Cell Biology

Can you guys rank these by which are the most useful in Dental school and/or which classes Dental schools would like to see you take?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Neuro stands out as something sucky in my past. Do you really need to be taking these classes?

I'll like to hear what D1 and D2 have to say about the classes. From what I have heard, human neuroanatomy>>>molecular biology. I'll take those two courses if given an opportunity.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's what I'm saying. Neuro.

I don't have to take them, but the admissions people I was talking to have been telling me to take as many upper-division biology classes as possible.

Personally, I would say human neuroanatomy should be at the top of your list, followed by stem cell biology. Since you already graduated with a B.S., you've already taken the basic biology courses, so I wouldn't think anything like fundamentals of cell bio or molecular bio would be of any help. Systems neuroscience sounds like it may also be a good class to take. Really though, you should take a good and close look at the class descriptions and see what topics are covered- I've been surprised by more than one class because of that. Good luck!