Which of these schools are affected by update letters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rocketbooster

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
NYMC
SUNY Downstate
SUNY Buffalo
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Drexel
Jefferson
Toledo
GW
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola
SLU

I haven't heard a thing from these schools yet and I was complete at all of them in early-mid September. It's time to get the ball rollin. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I know that NYMC, Creighton, UT, and Loyola at least look at them. I've sent letters to all of the same schools except oklahoma, ohio state, and tulane (didnt apply to ok and oh) and so far i haven't had an interview come out of it, but did get acknowledgements that they look at them.

I know Downstate and NYMC will ask certain applicants for updates.
ie fall grades

Members don't see this ad :)
cool. I can't walk them to any of these schools haha. is there really a difference between sending them via email and snailmail? Email seems better because they would receive it faster...

would any of you mind reading my update letter if I PM it to you, please?

I think it may be too long...but I don't know what to leave out ha.

Ill take a look at it. I would actually stay under 1pg. Just get to the point and have them walk away couple positive points.

Ill take a look at it. I would actually stay under 1pg. Just get to the point and have them walk away couple positive points.

I think it depends. If you're just listing and explaining updates then you should keep it on one page. If you're like me, where my update letters would often take on the character of interest letters, I'd give yourself a little extra room. My update/interest letters were all about 1.25 pages, and I think they were all pretty successful. Also, if you put a nice heading at the top in traditional letter format, the body of your message often doesn't start until 1/4 to halfway down the page.

I think it depends. If you're just listing and explaining updates then you should keep it on one page. If you're like me, where my update letters would often take on the character of interest letters, I'd give yourself a little extra room. My update/interest letters were all about 1.25 pages, and I think they were all pretty successful. Also, if you put a nice heading at the top in traditional letter format, the body of your message often doesn't start until 1/4 to halfway down the page.

with all the special fonts and spacing, it's exactly 1 page SINGLE-SPACED. when you say one page, do you mean double or single-spaced?

btw, want to read mine for me? :thumbup:

Okay, I sent updates to all of those schools but NYMC, Buffalo, and Downstate. Anyone know if it's worth sending updates to those 3 schools?

I sent them yesterday via email and got confirmation from Loyola, Toledo, and SLU that the updates were added to my file.

Okay, I sent updates to all of those schools but NYMC, Buffalo, and Downstate. Anyone know if it's worth sending updates to those 3 schools?

I sent them yesterday via email and got confirmation from Loyola, Toledo, and SLU that the updates were added to my file.

Hey, did you get my PM?

I just fired off 14 update/interest letters. Lets hope my strong fall grades help...

Are you guys emailing or snail mailing your updates?

I am e-mailing and addressing the admcom as a whole. I find this to be much more direct.

I do thing like thank you notes via snail mail.