which one?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopedoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've interviewed at LECOM, Western U, and PCOM. If I'm so lucky to receive acceptances at all 3, how should I choose? Does any one of these choices have a better reputation than the other? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. PCOM is, by far, the best of the three you listed. Not only is it the oldest osteopathic college having an exhaustive list of successful alumni (DOs love to cite that General Robert Blanck of the US Army is a DO
smile.gif
), it has good clinical affiliations, has a good reputation within Philly, PA (sizeable medical town), and has a good reputation up and down the East Coast (the medical side of the United States). Oh, and why not attend one of the few osteopathic schools which sponsor such a broad range of osteopathic residency programs in things like General Surgery, Orthopedics, etc.?

LECOM is too young and its resources are few and far between, and I can't say much about WUCOMP.

Tim of New York City.

[This message has been edited by turtleboard (edited 10-31-2000).]

Thanks turtleboard, that's kind of what I was thinking too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Philadelphia is a beautiful city and PCOM has a gorgeous campus with great facilities. I have been lucky enough to meet some of the faculty as well and found them to be very helpful, extremely knowledgable, and willing to speak with pre-meds.

I also work in a pharmacy here in the city and just based on the Rx's, there are a great deal of D.O.'s who stay in this area.

Philly is maybe one of the areas where you find less of the D.O. "discrimination", that so many people love to blow out of proportion.

The Eagles are getting better, too!

Best of luck to you.

------------------
Joshua Paul Hazelton, CNA, EMT-B
[email protected]
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (2002)
"D.O. Wannabe"

The Eagles are still pretty bad, regardless of what their record says...
smile.gif

GO CHIEFS!!!!

(Sorry to get off the subject, I had to throw that in)

If you are really interested in OMM, don't go to PCOM. From what I've heard, their OMM curriculum is practically non-existent compared to many of the other DO schools. In my opinion, that is not a good thing for a DO school!

I would strongly disagree that OMT is not strong at PCOM. The program there has improved there over the last couple of years.