Which other schools accept int. student??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lumanyika

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an international student(biochemistry major),and I hope to join med. school soon.so far in my research,I've come up with Columbia NY,Howard med. college,and Morehouse med. School that accept int. students.I would like to know if there are any other schools here in the U.S. apart from the one mentions above that offer admission to int. students.

Secondly,I would like to give you guys a brief plan of my future educational plans,and I would highly appreciate it if you would share any advice.

--currently a senior,and looking forward to a masters degree in Biochem.
--Aspirations of applying to the MD/PHD program afterwords,and a subsequent residency probably in neurosurgery or OB/GYN.

Will a masters degree improve my chances in the competitive MD/PHD application?? Besides that,I'm really into research and that's why I'm interested in it(plus the "financial aid" that comes with it
biggrin.gif
).I consider the journey more important than the destination.I'm I crazy
confused.gif

cheers

------------------
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN,MUCH IS EXPECTED.

Members don't see this ad.

The bottom is is that most PRIVATE U.S. medical schools will consider international applicants. May I ask where you are from?

Stephen,
I'm from Kenya.Why do you ask?
biggrin.gif

------------------
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN,MUCH IS EXPECTED.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure about this, but if you did not study in the US, UK, or Canada, you will have to do a year of undergraduate education in a US institution. Double check that.

Hey Tigger,
I think you didn't quite understand my response.I meant that I'm from Kenya but I'm currently in a U.S. university.if you have any more info. regarding my previous question, please share.
smile.gif

cheers.