Which Post Baccs would be a good fit for me? (Need Advice)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youngpenguin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just graduated with a 3.5 GPA. I finished a majority of my pre med courses along with some recommended courses (Biochem, Genetics, Statistics). The only courses I did not complete are Physics II and Physics Labs.

I would like to do a post bacc program that boosts my chances to get into medical school since my stats seem average/below average.

I'm looking for programs mainly in the East Coast or California since I have family and friends in that area and they help keep me sane. I don't mind it being a 1 or 2 year program, but I would like to apply to schools with linkage programs.

From what I understand, I can't do any career-changer programs like Scripps, Mills, Bryn Mawr, etc since they don't accept students that have completed premed courses. I was wondering what the next best options would be after that for students that have completed the majority of premed courses, but want to do something to improve themselves more.

I realize my stats aren't terrible but I would like to do a post bacc. Even though it may be pricey, I think it can be very beneficial to me because I want to do something that gives me an advantage over the average applicant and gives me a chance to make myself competitive for the higher tier medical schools. I also think it will be a great way to prepare for the MCAT, since I haven't done any premed courses in a couple years.

I heard Temple ACMS is a great program, but I don't know if I would meet the qualifications for doing this program since I didn't take my MCAT. I heard that if you attend and complete their ACMS program you'll be guaranteed admission to their medical school. Would the GRE be acceptable instead of MCAT/SAT?

If anyone has any advice/criticism I would gladly appreciate hearing it. Thank you for taking your time to read through this post.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
UPenn SSP has linkages if you DON'T have the MCAT done yet, which is great.