Which professor?

• Prof 1

• Prof 2

Results are only viewable after voting.

ofmiceandwomen

2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2019
I'm deciding between two professors to fulfill the non-science faculty LOR, and I would really like outsider's perspective.
My general question is, for non-science LOR, are adcoms looking more for character/community engagement reference or academic/intellectual potential reference?

Last edited:

Kardio

2+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2017
Status
  1. Medical Student
I’m not an adcom, but for your non-science letter I would go with the professor who knows you more as a person.

IMO your MCAT & GPA (and to a lesser extent your science LORs, if they speak to your aptitude relative to your peers) already reflect your academic capability. I think you can use your non-science letter to demonstrate that you’re a human being.

Reactions: 1 users

Engrailed

Are your hands dry as well?
Jun 8, 2019
Status
  1. Medical Student
Does your school have a premed committee? Why not get both and see which is better? Keep both on file just in case

About the Ads
Feb 26, 2019
Status
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Professor 1, no doubt. A letter from someone that knows you especially well, speaks far louder than any LoR you'd receive. You even said this professor and her course had a big connection to an aspect of your application lol.

Professor 2 is okay, but it sounds you might just get their cookie-cutter LoR template instead of a personalized LoR.

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
  1. Non-Student
I’m not an adcom, but for your non-science letter I would go with the professor who knows you more as a person.

IMO your MCAT & GPA (and to a lesser extent your science LORs, if they speak to your aptitude relative to your peers) already reflect your academic capability. I think you can use your non-science letter to demonstrate that you’re a human being.
This.
/thread.

Reactions: 1 users
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads