Which Scenario is best?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cranjis McBasketball

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats up guys? So I am new to this thread and need some advice on which scenario would be the best to take.

So in January I will be taking Ochem 1 and Bio 2. I want to know if it is better if I start studying for the DAT in January and take it in April (without taking Ochem 2 and while taking Ochem 1 and Bio 2) ORRRR waiting until after the semester and then studying for the DAT while taking Ochem 2 in the summer. I would probably take the DAT in June with this 2nd scenario.

The reason I ask is because, with the first scenario, I would be able to turn in my application with a DAT score right away, BUT I probably won't do as well as I could have if I had waited. While the 2nd scenario I would get a better score on the DAT, but the schools wouldn't get my DAT score until July. Which scenario would be the best? I have about a 3.5 GPA and a 3.5 Science GPA as well.

Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

Take orgo 2 before you take DAT. I'd advise to have A&P, genetics, micro bio, molecular/cell BIO before. Makes DAT a lot more manageable with those classes finished.

Will it make a huge difference though having to turn in my application a little later?

You can submit your app before you take your DATs. It takes one month-ish+ after submitting (for this current cycle) to verify your gpa depending on when you submitted and around 2 weeks for your DAT score to be verified. Take your DAT when you are ready; even if you submit in early July, it won't adversely affect your application too much.