Cranjis McBasketball

5+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Whats up guys? So I am new to this thread and need some advice on which scenario would be the best to take.

So in January I will be taking Ochem 1 and Bio 2. I want to know if it is better if I start studying for the DAT in January and take it in April (without taking Ochem 2 and while taking Ochem 1 and Bio 2) ORRRR waiting until after the semester and then studying for the DAT while taking Ochem 2 in the summer. I would probably take the DAT in June with this 2nd scenario.

The reason I ask is because, with the first scenario, I would be able to turn in my application with a DAT score right away, BUT I probably won't do as well as I could have if I had waited. While the 2nd scenario I would get a better score on the DAT, but the schools wouldn't get my DAT score until July. Which scenario would be the best? I have about a 3.5 GPA and a 3.5 Science GPA as well.

Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

cacajuate

5+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2012
Status (Visible)
Take orgo 2 before you take DAT. I'd advise to have A&P, genetics, micro bio, molecular/cell BIO before. Makes DAT a lot more manageable with those classes finished.

pgex2t

2+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
You can submit your app before you take your DATs. It takes one month-ish+ after submitting (for this current cycle) to verify your gpa depending on when you submitted and around 2 weeks for your DAT score to be verified. Take your DAT when you are ready; even if you submit in early July, it won't adversely affect your application too much.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.