Which school has the lowest...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ganesha123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
admission to interview ratio.

i am willing to bet Cleveland Clinic is at the top...especially this year since they will probably accept around 45 students to fill a class of 32 with around 300 interviewees...plus the full ride increases their yield percentage..ie. less admissions..

anyone else have any other schools that should be here...

Members don't see this ad.

i am willing to bet Cleveland Clinic is at the top...especially this year since they will probably accept around 45 students to fill a class of 32 with around 300 interviewees...plus the full ride increases their yield percentage..ie. less admissions..

Yale interviews 25% of their applicants, a much higher % than comparable schools, but only 25% of the interviewees get in. Aside from the Cleveland Clinic #s you just cited, that's one of the lowest ratios I've seen.

i don't know what mayo's numbers are but i believe they are along the same lines

Members don't see this ad :)
Chances of admission to George Washington U or Georgetown are about 30 to 33 percent if you get an interview

Of the schools that I applied to, Mayo (22%), Penn (23%), Columbia (23%), Duke (25%), and Vandy (29%) have the <30% post-interview admissions rates.

Imagine Asian Males...

Oh, I'm imagining all right...

I think Cleveland Clinic might be the lowest..not sure, but they are actually only accepting 16 students in December, and 16 in February. They are only accepting 32 students because they aren't sure what the full-tuition scholarship for everyone is going to do with the withdrawal process. So 32 accepted out of 250 interviews = ~12% acceptance rate.

What's the average percentage though?

The average for my schools is 42%, with Yale, UVM (OOS), Harv at the bottom with <25%.

I could ask you a favor of posting up the admissions ratios for the UC's? Thanks so much!

Things probably won't be quite that bleak. 300 is kind of high. The number interviewed will be more around 250. No one really knows how many will ultimately get accepted since CCLCM won't be overaccepting. This means that once all 32 seats are filled, a new person cannot be accepted until a previously accepted person withdraws. So I can't really tell you how accurate the 45 estimate is.

I think Cleveland Clinic might be the lowest..not sure, but they are actually only accepting 16 students in December, and 16 in February. They are only accepting 32 students because they aren't sure what the full-tuition scholarship for everyone is going to do with the withdrawal process. So 32 accepted out of 250 interviews = ~12% acceptance rate.
Some people will withdraw because this school isn't a good fit for everyone. I see you just interviewed on Monday. Good luck!