Which School has the MOST ASIAN Pharmacy Student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which school has the MOST CAUCASIAN pharmacy students?

..see, put that way, it doesn't sound quite right. Kinda racist. And all I really did was throw some "CAUC" into the mix.
 
Which school has the MOST CAUCASIAN pharmacy students?

..see, put that way, it doesn't sound quite right. Kinda racist. And all I really did was throw some "CAUC" into the mix.

There was this black dude named La-foo I went to high school with that wanted to be around and sought out white women all the time. Is he a racist....or does he just know what he likes?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I like Asian girls = not racist.
I like associating with Asians moreso than other racial groups = slightly racist.

Both of the people who would say the above comments know what they like, certainly, which is a very good thing, but only the latter is classified as resembling "racism" from what I've seen. I can't explain it.
 
I like Asian girls = not racist.
I like associating with Asians moreso than other racial groups = slightly racist.

Both of the people who would say the above comments know what they like, certainly, which is a very good thing, but only the latter is classified as resembling "racism" from what I've seen. I can't explain it.
Both statements are racist, because they are classifying two different groups of people into what a person thinks they are based on appearances alone.

A person may like the way Asian girls look, but it doesn't mean that they want to study with them, eat lunch with them, sit by them in class, etc. Actually, they don't even need them at all for anything more than their appearances.

Associating with another person suggests that you accept them for what they are, and you want to participate in similar activities.
If you associate with someone just based on their ethnic appearance, you are pigeonholing them into what you think they are based on what you know of people who look like them.
Ex: she's a white girl, therefore she's a Republican. Sure, there might be many more white Republicans than any other race, but that doesn't mean she is a Republican. US Representative Bobby Jindal is a perfect example, although I would never vote for him :meanie:.
 
to op: try looking at schools located in metropolitan areas :idea:

to sharmei: holy...you look gorgeous! will you go out with me?! 😍 :laugh:
 
ohhi.jpg


where does this guy go?
 
i think that guy's in the P1 class here at tech.

Some call them "the dynasty": is that racist, ethics professors?
 
well i call myself a twinkie and all of my friends with chinky eyes describe their eyes as chinky...then someone told me that was derogatory, but they were white. so i don't know? and since was black back and african american out? are we still calling mexicans mexicans? or are they latino? AHH :::head pops:::
 
In regards to all of the comments that were posted, these are my experiences and personal views:

It's time for a few true stories...I was standing in line at school to find out what my final grade was in a course. There were a few "Asian" students in front of me and one behind me. The student behind me says to one of the students in front of me, "Hey, we want to have a party at the end of the semester for all of the Asian students. You know, we'll probably have food and hang out, etc. What's your phone number?" The student behind me gets the other student's phone number, and that was the end of the conversation.

So there I was, in the middle of a conversation about a party that was suppose to be exclusive to only "Asian" students. I was never invited. My friends were never invited.

Next story: There was a disagreement between myself and a few other students about this class. I was tired of them verbally bashing me, so I decided to defend myself by explaining my position but without backing down. I had thought that was the end of it until a faculty member wanted to speak with me.

The faculty member asked me, point blank, if I had made a racial comment the day of the disagreement. I didn't say anything "racial", so I was baffled and stunned. Why would I go to a university, where in which I am the minority, if I had a problem with minorities? To this day, it still doesn't make any sense to me.

After that meeting, another professor speaks to me about the situation. They told me that they were glad to hear that I didn't say such and such "racial" comment, and that I should speak to my class about the situation. They wanted me to tell the entire class that I didn't say anything like that. Well...I couldn't speak to the class. At that point, I still felt my open wounds. The whole situation had made me sick. In fact, the day I spoke with the first faculty member was also the same day that I had to give a seminar presentation by myself. Boy oh boy, I definitely went over my time limit. It's ok though, because I got an "A" in the class 🙂.

I wish people would use race sparingly. It seems to have gotten out of hand lately. Quite honestly, I'm tired of being called "Caucasian", because I have absolutely no ties with the Caucus Mountains. When the term "Caucasian" is used generally to describe people of European descent, I cringe.

My ancestors were European. They were from the Baltic Sea nations. In fact, half of my grandfather's family was killed by the Nazis in WWII. I am only a third generation American. I feel the pain of being an "outsider" just like everyone else. Very few people have my last name, both paternal and maternal names.

I hope I've shed some light on this issue if I've done nothing else. Now, I need to go study for my exam.
 
^^interesting story. My experiences have been a lot less explicit. Between the start and end of my freshman year, all the asians just started coming together so that by the end, I had NO idea how all of my friends were asian (literally there was nothing i could pinpoint).

Also, I studied in an ethnic studies class about the concept of cultural superiority. Asian parents/grandparents (depending on age) felt first hand the marginalization that the US imposed in terms of exclusionary laws and legal discrimination. In response, they would claim cultural superiority about, say, sexual chastity (a sort of tit for tat) (ex. stereotypical statement "white girls are promiscuous").

That of course trickles down to the children...so while the current generation may not hold the same outright prejudices, their social circles and cultural expectations have already been defined and it's tough to break out of it.